PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 01:06:23 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy

Started by CindyLouWho,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

This is a very bad storm so I hope everyone here stays safe, has plenty of supplies & has no damages!!  I can't believe 3 storms are gonna hit us at the same time!   no-no.gif

We are expecting to get hit pretty bad here on Md's eastern shore but hopefully we are ready!   popcorn2.gif  Believe me, we have plenty of food (especially junk food!  giggle2.gif)  & supplies to get us thru.  Just hoping if we lose power its not for long!!  (I hate the darn dark, but got plenty of batteries etc!) 

Homer if I'm correct, you are in its path too so stay safe! 

Hope everyone will check in when they can after this thing is gone so we will know you are safe!   embrace.gif embrace.gif

Squid

STAY SAFE, CindyLou! 

I'm in line for pretty much a direct hit.  The 'Perfect Storm' is brewing!  I've brought in all flower pots, window boxes, etc.  I've piled up the deck furniture and tied them down to the deck.  I hope others have done the same to reduce the flying debris.  I hope we don't lose power because I am THE BIGGEST BABY without power.  I become horribly bored and cannot read by flashlight or candlelight.  I told my neighbor that if we lose power, I'm coming over with a deck of cards, a chess board and a scrabble board!  I've got water, food, batteries.  I've done my laundry and cooked some things that can be consumed without power.  I think I'm set. 

What a pain in the arse.  This storm is going to last 48 hours. baywatch.gif baywatch.gif baywatch.gif <--- Squid may float away.

To everyone in the path, stay safe, stay smart and stay well.  I'll be thinking of you all.

xoxoxox F.   love30.gif 

gran2x2

baywatch.gif Being in Fl...I know your stress...Hope all stay safe and get through this ok...On the up side..if ya lose power at least you won't have to watch all the   vote.gif     election commercials.. giggle2.gif

CindyLouWho

Stay safe Squid!!  I'm pretty much prepared like you are, & hate the dark!!   panic button.gif panic button.gif

They already cancelled all the schools for 2 days so far, etc etc. 

That's true Gran but I don't watch that crap anyway cause they're all liars & bullsh*tters anyway!   hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

snap20

Good luck everyone, hope you all stay safe. I can't imagine being without power for 2+ days. We had an outage here because of a downed power line and it lasted for 19 hours...and I thought I was going to go crazy! lol.

gran2x2

hysterical.gif...19 hours..   no-no.gif Try 32 days !!!!  In 100 degree weather.....

Squid

Homer

Quote from: CindyLouWho on October 28, 2012, 07:19:33 AM
This is a very bad storm so I hope everyone here stays safe, has plenty of supplies & has no damages!!  I can't believe 3 storms are gonna hit us at the same time!   no-no.gif

We are expecting to get hit pretty bad here on Md's eastern shore but hopefully we are ready!   popcorn2.gif  Believe me, we have plenty of food (especially junk food!  giggle2.gif)  & supplies to get us thru.  Just hoping if we lose power its not for long!!  (I hate the darn dark, but got plenty of batteries etc!) 

Homer if I'm correct, you are in its path too so stay safe! 

Hope everyone will check in when they can after this thing is gone so we will know you are safe!   embrace.gif embrace.gif

Yes it's gonna hit us directly.

I have "Rock You Like A Hurricane" all ready to go and lots of beer tongue.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gran2x2

yepp...took 32 days to get power back and it happened thanks to an out of state crew from georgia.....Ivan was a wicked storm...took out a concrete bridge on I-10 and took a semi down with it....But..we all survived and made it through...My prayers are with all of you guys going through this storm...One piece of advice...make sure your car is full of gas and you have a car charger for your cell...That's if the cell towers stay running..We napped in the car to cool down but you made need the heater..

Squid

Thank goodness the temp is in the 60's.  No a/c or heat needed.  It must've been awful for you to be without power for over a month.  I start to go crazy after an hour.  If I lose power, I may start cleaning. Aside from the vacuum, I don't need power and at least I'll feel like I'm getting something productive done.  My work schedule is getting screwed, too, which chaps my hide.  LOL.  Safety is the most important thing, I know, but I really hate my schedule getting mucked.

SANDY, GO AWAY!!!

CindyLouWho

Thanks for the tips Gran!  Car is gassed up, my son's truck is gassed & he has a charger for his cell in it...I don't have a cell so don't need 1... hysterical.gif ( yea yea probably am the only person that don't have 1 ! lol)  Wow I can't imagine going w/o power that long, especially in the heat!  We went 4 days w/o & I bout died from the heat!   sad.gif no-no.gif

I think we're supposed to start getting the worse tomorrow eve & thru the night.   whistle.gif bbq21.gif

hotpinklovesofa

Good luck and stay safe to everyone getting hit by the storm over the next few days. I wish you all well.  Was only in one when I was a kid and that was pretty scary but we made it through without any power outages however some fruit trees were ripped out of the soil but otherwise no real damage done. Just stay positive and entertain yourselves and especially distract any children (it's no time to be morbid.)  It's a good reason to dig into the Halloween candy early. pumpkin1.gif

Squid

I think Halloween is being cancelled again this year.  Last year it was the early snowstorm.  Boy, a zombie can't cut a break these days.

Homer

Quote from: Squid on October 29, 2012, 12:56:20 AM
I think Halloween is being cancelled again this year.  Last year it was the early snowstorm.  Boy, a zombie can't cut a break these days.

Screw Halloween todays my birthday and all I'm getting is a hurricane swear2.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hotpinklovesofa

hotpinklovesofa

I can't believe some people are still not taking it seriously enough to evacuate when explicitly told to do so b/c Irene turned out not to be so bad. Um, Sandy is way ahead of schedule and as bad if not worse than predicted so get your ass to higher ground now!!

CindyLouWho

Been raining seems like forever & its just getting started they say!  Little windy but not bad yet (knock on wood!) but getting there!   They've requested everyone to stay off the roads unless its an emergency cause the worse is to come yet...don't have to tell me twice!!  I'm all stocked up & not stepping a foot out my door  giggle2.gif 

Poor Homer, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!  LOL  Grab your beer, hop on 95 & come on down!   We'll feast, drink beer & tell Sandy to  ass.gif!   hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Anyway stay safe everyone!!!  embrace.gif embrace.gif

Squid

CindyLouWho

LOL Squid!  It is so wicked outside!!  Lights keep flickering so we're just waiting for the power to go anytime! I have family in Va Beach, Norfolk, WV, NJ, all over, etc so we all keep meeting on Facebook checking in..lol

Stay safe everyone!!!!   popcorn2.gif embrace.gif

Squid

Heard a big BOOM.  Went outside to walk the dog (who must be walked regardless of weather) and saw three trees down on my property.  A beautiful pine is gone :(   So far only 1.5 inches of rain but the next 6-8 hours are going to be the worst. 

I think I saw a raccoon flying past my window.  I could be wrong... maybe a squirrel in a halloween mask.

I lost power for 20 minutes.  I was sad.

The pressure in the atmosphere is so wild that the doors on the INSIDE of my house are opening and closing.

Crazy stuff.

Stay safe!  xoxox

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview