PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 05:24:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bing Search Bot - detected as virus

Started by naynay,

Previous topic - Next topic

naynay

Yesterday I decided to try the trial of the "Bing Search Bot" since I have been using "Bing Rewards Bot" for a while now (GREAT bot by the way). But, after I downloaded it Norton detected it as a virus and deleted it...so I searched on here and cannot find anything about the Search Bot, but I can find a thread about the Rewards Bot.

I guess my question is...Is the Search Bot a trusted program?

The lack of anyone discussing the program on the forums and Norton detecting it as not being safe makes me hesitant to use it.

Any help would be appreciated!!

C~M

I have Norton 360 and it has never flagged the auto, so yes it is safe and yes you are getting a false positive as Mayhem made the auto.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

naynay

Okay, thanks for the reply CrazyMan! You can never be too safe with what you download, I just wanted to make sure.

Edit: I have the Norton that Xfinity gives its customers for free...my Norton Security Suite won't open right now for some reason, I don't know why... :|

I have 20.2.0.19

naynay

I tried to download it again to show you what I mean, but I cannot post links, so I'll just tell you.
Norton tells me it has a threat called "WS.Reputation.1" with a medium risk level. If you guys say the program is good, I will just have it bypass Norton. Thank you for the help :)

Mayhem

Thank you very much for letting me know.

I have submitted a 'false positive' report to Symantec - the issue should be resolved in a couple days :

Thank you for contacting Symantec.

Your submission has been received and will be reviewed. We endeavor to respond to all submissions within 2 working days.

Mayhem

Just heard back from Symantec :

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html

C~M

WS.Reputation.1 is basically them telling you they don't know about the program because not enough reports from their community have used it.

This is from their site:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview