PlayBuddy
March 28, 2024, 11:54:24 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

If you run Microsoft Internet Explorer 8...

Started by snap20,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

You might want to run this "fix-it" they just released.

To check what version you have, if you use IE, go to the "Help" menu at the top and choose "About Internet Explorer".

Here is an article on the Fix-it:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2038242/microsoft-releases-fixit-for-internet-explorer-8-vulnerability.html

Here is the fix-it itself on the Microsoft website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2847140

It's pretty easy to do it under the "Fix it for me" section of the microsoft site.

(Note, I don't use IE8, or IE at all, so haven't used this fix it. If anyone has questions about it, maybe someone else here that does use it can help further)

C~M

CindyLouWho

Thanks Snap!  I just went & checked it out then run it as I am using 8   giggle2.gif

Squid

I think I have 9.  I'm too lazy to check.  I hope this post has been helpful in some small way.

snap20

Quote from: Crazy~Man on May 09, 2013, 04:25:53 PM
IE8? Wow that is old, lol

I have the latest version:
I actually still have 7 installed. I only use it a few times a year, but need it installed for another program I use. IE is my last choice in browser...but thought it might help some people out that do still run 8 (which apparently is a lot of people, since there are still exploits being found and used in it, lol)

disneyland lady

My laptop has XP on it and anything above IE 8 is no longer supported. I use the laptop to watch east coast live feeds at 5pm instead of 8pm from my west coast computer room while still playing Pogo on the PC. The update popped up right away.

snap20

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 10, 2013, 05:10:00 AM
The update popped up right away.

Through Windows Update? Just curious what you mean by it popped up...

disneyland lady

It was not a Windows Update although there was one to Defender today also. To tell you the truth I really do not know if there was a fix but instead of my Home Page which is an iGoogle page - this came up instead when I opened IE8 today. Normally I would not show this to anyone cuz it has the link (TVPC) where I watch the live feeds streaming from the east coast but I already mentioned that I use one, lol! I do not know if I have it set to auto update the browser. I do have my Chrome set to auto update.

snap20

Hmm, IE8 must have an auto update feature then...? I've never used it, so wouldn't know. lol. Interesting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview