This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Update 7 Version 25 released

Started by snap20,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

We'll see what Pogo wasn't prepared for this time...Oracle released a new Java update today. http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp  watching you.gif

snowflower

Quote from: snap20 on June 18, 2013, 04:04:47 PM
We'll see what Pogo wasn't prepared for this time...Oracle released a new Java update today. http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp  watching you.gif

Update came on my XP today but haven't seen it for win/7 yet  huh.gif

Squid

I got it for Win 7 and didn't do anything about it.  I don't want to tempt fate.

Sue

Important Java Detection Update and Info
We have two Java announcements today that concern Pogo games.

1.Oracle Releases Important Security for Java Software
Oracle has released an important new security update for the Java software. This is meant to address many security concerns with the Java software. We recommend updating your Java today to address these concerns. You can Update your Java here: The latest version is Java 7 Update 25.

1.Pogo Changes How We Detect Java
We have made some important changes to how we detect Java on your system before you start one of Pogo's many Java games.

As of Tuesday June 18th, we have removed the Java detection that was run when you loaded a Pogo game page. For a lot of users, it often falsely detected missing Java, and in some rarer cases browser lockups and crashes.

As of this update, we will now only detect Java on your system after you have clicked on the "Play Now" button or clicked to get into a game-room.  At this point we will attempt to detect Java on your system. If our Java detection fails, you will now see a new error page with information on installing the latest Java, enabling Java on your browser if it has been disabled.

Be aware that you will still see a Java security popup messages as the game is loading. If you click the check-box and click "OK" it will allow the game to continue to load. This should only have to be done once per individual Java game on Pogo.

If Java detection does fail, you will be shown an error screen with helpful information on how to install the latest Java, how to update your Java and links to more Java troubleshooting and help.

We have include a poll the end of this article so you can let us know if this has improved you ability to play games on Pogo.  We have also left comments open on this article if you want to share your experience with the latest Java detection, especially if you are having new/different errors.

Here are a few Java games on Pogo you can try:

Lost Temple Poker

Bingo Luau

Hangman Hijinks

Yahtzee Party

If you're having issues with Java, please take a look at our Java Help FAQ.

Sue

Issues with latest Java and Windows XP and IE8.

Java Update Issues

We have recently discovered that those using Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) with the latest version of Java, Java 7u25, are not able to launch games. We have reported this issue to Oracle, the makers of Java, and they are looking into the issue. We are also looking into some possible solutions to work around the issue in the interim. While those issues are being looked into by Oracle and our engineers we would like to suggest that those players using Window XP with IE8 consider one of the following options.

1. Try using a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox
2. Try reverting to a previous version of Java. Below are some links that may be helpful. Be sure to read the information so you can pick the best version for you.

You can look for one of these download for Java 7u21 here.
Windows x86 Online 0.86 MB jre-7u21-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline 30.2 MB jre-7u21-windows-i586.exe

You can look for one of these versions of Java 6u45 here.
Windows x86 Online 0.87 MB jre-6u45-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline 16.3 MB jre-6u45-windows-i586.exe

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 we recommend that you use IE9 or one of the other two browsers. If you are using Windows 8 then we suggest you use IE10 or one of the other two browsers.

If you would like to check what version of Browser, Java, and Flash you have you can check them here.

We appreciate your continue patience while we try to get this issues
Share this post:

snap20

gran2x2

I got the pop up for new version and ignored it...Old version works fine so I am not screwin with it...

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on June 18, 2013, 04:20:24 PM
Update came on my XP today but haven't seen it for win/7 yet  huh.gif

NOW I've received the the Java 7 update 25 on my win/7 ... a week after I received it for XP.
I haven't installed it yet  -
So .. running win/7 with IE 10 ... any reported issues yet??

Another question please, is the update used by any other browsers installed such as Firefox, Chrome, etc?

coffee.gif Thankee for any help you can give me.

snap20

I've been using 7.25 with Win7 and WinXP and Firefox with no issues. I don't use IE or Chrome so can't comment on those.

snowflower

Quote from: snap20 on June 26, 2013, 01:30:45 AM
I've been using 7.25 with Win7 and WinXP and Firefox with no issues. I don't use IE or Chrome so can't comment on those.

cheerleading.gif Thanks snap, hunny!  huh.gif That makes it all good!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview