PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 01:13:41 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Euchre

Started by Dream Faerie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Faerie

OK, I have NO clue on how to play this game... I have read the instructions & they look Chinese to me & I dont read or speak Chinese, Only English Language & Sign Language.. Any suggestions? OH! and I cannot play Texas Hold em Nor can I play Hearts or Spades  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

*~Kris~*

Be Sure to Visit --->>> My Website Filled With Blank Tags!http://www.geocities.com/ladydekeon/My_Tags_Site_Blank_Tags_Page_1

(Be Sure To Sign My Guestbook!)

Mayhem

If you ask in the Euchre chat room, there will be people more than willing to lose a game for you  ;)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Mayhem on August 08, 2004, 10:08:25 PM
If you ask in the Euchre chat room, there will be people more than willing to lose a game for you  ;)

I love that idea! However, I wanna learn some of these games as well... Any suggestions?

Thank you for replying so quickly! You rock!
*~Kris~*

Be Sure to Visit --->>> My Website Filled With Blank Tags!http://www.geocities.com/ladydekeon/My_Tags_Site_Blank_Tags_Page_1

(Be Sure To Sign My Guestbook!)

justasking316

You can also search the internet on hoe to play Euchre and other games.

ef9n15

No offense but texas holdem is so easy to learn! I mean a kid in 2nd grade could learn how. On the other hand i am like you,i cant play euchre worth crap. Just ask around and ask politely and maybe they would help you out.

bigbear78

God I hate Euchre, Hearts, Spades......unless I find someone to help, I pass.

Since no one really knows how to play texas hold em on pogo, just play in the "Just for Fun" rooms and bet every hand and never fold.  You'll get the hang of it fast that way.  ;D

eminem

hay all,
            i thought i would try to help all u that doesn't know how to play by explaining some points of the game......if u all know how to play harts or spades, this is similar.  u get 5 cards and a face up card.  the order of highest to lowest is as follows.....all jacks(depending on the suit called), ace, king and so on.  now let us say that the face up card is a 5 of hearts.  you normally start from left of dealer and depending on what u have in your hand you deceide 1st if you want the face up card (hearts) to be trump for this round. if not you say pass.  after that the other players get to choose, but if u say pick it up then hearts will be trump for the durition of that hand.  also the dealer ALWAYS picks up the face up card if someone calls trump the 1st time around.  if the call goes around and no one wants hearts as trump, then the face up card is then turned down and then the player to the left of the dealer gets to choose if they want to call trump or pass.  now in calling trump u see what u have most in your hand if u have 2black jacks and a black ace u call that, but that is an example.  let us say for this discussion that hearts r trump.  so now the dealer picks up the card and he has to discard another card from his hand (this normally is the lowest card he has).  in pogo u always have to follow suit, so if someone throws a 9 of spades then everyone else has to throw a spade to get the trick, providing u have spades.  if u do not have spade then u can put your trump(hearts) on it or just throw off.  what i mean by that is just throwing another card in there, non trump or non spades.   so now i bet u r asking yourselves,"what the heck is the highest trump for this hand???" here is your answer.  highest to lowest is jack of hearts, jack of diamonds, ace of hearts, king of hearts, etc..whatever is called trump, the jack of that suit is always the highest with the other jack of the same color being the 2nd highest.  and your team needs to get 3 of the 5 tricks in order to score 1 point.  now u can score 2 points if the other team calls trump, but does not get their tricks.  meaning ur team gets 3 of the tricks.  also u can get 4 points if u want to "go alone".  what that is u look at your hand and u have all one suit plus both jacks of the trump suit.  ur partner sits out and it is up to u to get all 5 tricks.  remember trump is not always the same it changes every hand.  and also don't forget that what ever trump is the "right" jack is the jack of whatever suit was called trump.  the highest card and the "left" jack is of the same color, but of the different suit.  i think i covered the basics here, if anyone has a question over what i wrote please feel free to post it here and i will answer ya.  i hope this brief explanition helps some people out who wants to learn how to play the game.  gl with your euchre badges tomorrow and tc!!! 8)

chetta

wow, that must have takin you forever to type

Dream Faerie

Quote from: bigbear78 on August 10, 2004, 04:16:48 PM
God I hate Euchre, Hearts, Spades......unless I find someone to help, I pass.

Since no one really knows how to play texas hold em on pogo, just play in the "Just for Fun" rooms and bet every hand and never fold.  You'll get the hang of it fast that way.  ;D

Thank you!

Dream Faerie

Quote from: chetta on August 10, 2004, 06:37:38 PM
wow, that must have takin you forever to type

Hee hee, I agree, BUT, I will use it & try to learn... So the typing will hopefully be worth it

eminem

yu welcome married mom, anything i can do to help  ;D btw i had time to kill, lol tc!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview