Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 8

Started by dolfinlady,

Previous topic - Next topic

dolfinlady

Hi all,

I haven't been online for a while as I had to wait for funds to get a new laptop as I could only play a few games via my ipad - I have just got a new laptop and it has windows 8 and I seem to be having problems with some of the games it keeps telling me that either my java or flash player is out of date but it was all installed with the latest updates the day I brought the laptop its only a day old.
Dose anyone else have Windows 8 and having similar problems and have they fixed them - I am having a few issues trying to get use to the new lay out for Windows 8 as it is as im so use to windows XP

Any Help or just a general chat or help with pogo or the use of my laptop would be high grateful as I am not a computer geek and im not very tech knowledge, I know how to turn it on/off and play games etc that I want to but that's about it

Many Thanks in Advance
DolfinLady
hi11.gif

C~M

The way the hackers progress and use flaws in programs such as Java, it is most likely that Java has been updated. And the same goes for Flash.

Even though you just got the laptop, it doesn't mean that it has all of the latest updates, etc. for Windows or Java or Flash, etc.

I would recommend you go to the Java and Flash sites and check to see if you have the latest versions installed. Also, Java has a new thing on their site that can detect and uninstall all older versions of their software now. There are many reasons you don't want more then one version for Java, but the most important is because of the hackers.

Good Luck!

snap20

Here's the page for Java: http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp?locale=en
You can see the "Remove Old Versions" link on the left of the page, as CrazyMan noted.

And for Flash: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Be sure to uncheck the "optional offer".

You still may get a warning on Pogo when using Java, if it asks you to allow/block anything while on the pogo site (ONLY the pogo site), allow it.

dolfinlady

Hi Guys
Thanks very much for your advice sorry its taken me a while to reply,
I am disabled and don't get to come online as much I would like anymore
Thank you so much for your advice I got it working in the end.
I don't know if I like Windows 8 very much as its hard to get use to at first but thanks again for your help
Dolfinlady xx

Mistyeyed

I tried all that and still cant get the games to play..i didn't have any trouble with windows 8 until they updated the java to the 7.51 version...

gran2x2

Just had to get new laptop and   I HATE WINDOWS 8...All that smart screen crap and administrator chit is messin with all my autos...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
white flag.gif help.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif girls18.gif

Squid

Quote from: gran2x2 on May 09, 2014, 09:13:14 AM
Just had to get new laptop and   I HATE WINDOWS 8...All that smart screen crap and administrator chit is messin with all my autos...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I feel for ya, Gran!  My mother has Windows 8 and she's calling me all the time to help her.  I don't know any of that crap.  I don't know about apps... my phone is a dumb phone, too.  I think the app stuff is going to be around for a loooooong time but I hope not.  I'm hoping my windows 7 lasts forever.

snap20

Did you upgrade to 8.1 yet? It's supposed to give you the option to have a desktop and start menu like 7. I don't know anything about it really, other than that.

Yoming 2

Quote from: gran2x2 on May 09, 2014, 09:13:14 AM
Just had to get new laptop and   I HATE WINDOWS 8...All that smart screen crap and administrator chit is messin with all my autos...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I know of what you speak... sad.gif.........I had to take my puter in for repairs and they gave me a loaner...windows 8.  I hated that thing.  It took 7 days for my stuff to be done and I did get kinda, sorta got used to the 8 thing,,,,but was very, very glad when I got my old windows 7 back.  Hope you have the patience to wait it out and figure out how to use the thing.... tumbsup.gif

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on May 09, 2014, 12:55:57 PM
  I think the app stuff is going to be around for a loooooong time but I hope not.  I'm hoping my windows 7 lasts forever.

Squiddy's hoping and I'm PRAYING it won't be around for long either!!! It's HATEFUL and I hear it's fulla buggies...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview