PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 12:23:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New flash update 7/8/14

Started by snap20,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

There was a new Adobe Flash update released today that addresses an exploit used to gain access to many sites that use flash (including Ebay, Instagram, Tumblr, etc). Everyone should be sure they are up to date with Flash. The newest version is 14.0.0.145 and is available here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you are interested in more information about the exploit, you can review an informative article here: http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/weaponized-exploit-can-steal-user-cookies-on-ebay-tumblr-other-sites/

snowflower

cheesy.gif Thanks Snap, my automatic download came in this morning ... thanks for sharing!

And bye the way, I have two questions, lol.

(1) Does anyone here know if the Flash Player Download includes any hidden antivirus programs?
I'm running Norton 360 and disable its antivirus protection in order to allow the Flash Player Download.

(2)  Is it safe to disable Norton's antivirus protection during this download?
And will Norton stop the download if I don't?    Thanks for any advice!!

snap20

the Flash download CAN include either Google Chrome or McAfee anti-virus. Usually you have to uncheck a box before you download it.

Turning off Norton to download it is fine, I do not know if Norton would stop it (I don't use Norton and haven't for many years). I don't think it would...but you never know. I wouldn't think it would stop it.

C~M

Just so you all know, Chrome has its own Flash Player so whenever there is an update Chrome will update itself or you can check in the about tab and it will tell you if it is up to date or it downloads the update and will apply it the next time you restart it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview