Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Soccer

Started by zacknistelrooy,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

snap20

I love the World Cup, but that's about it. I don't pay attention to the EPL or any other leagues around the world (including MLS). There is a possibility the city near me will get an MLS team in the future...I might pay more attention then.

rangers121

Glasgow Rangers F.C fan . hence the name . i also like chelsea ..

S1lent

Hi,
Watching soccer makes watching curling much more entertaining.
S1lent

Mayhem

I'm a hockey / basketball fan myself. I find soccer, football, baseball, etc a little too slow paced.

The main issue I have is the replays. In football, someone will run 10 feet with the ball and get tackled. They will show the replay twice, go to commercial and come back and show the replay once more before huddling up again. I say this playfully, as I really don't hate it - it's just not for me.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I guess I like football... or I did like it.  Since a young girl, my father had season tickets to the Jets and I used to go with him to the games.  I don't follow it at all anymore but I will watch the superbowl.  It's incredible that a one hour game can be stretched 5 hours or more!  I went to my first pro baseball game when I was 27.  SF Giants vs Cardinals, doubleheader.  I loved it.  I found it very interactive with everyone keeping score in the stands, plus the seventh inning stretch!  Had such a good time.  My father used to have season tickets for the Rangers and the Devils - I've been to MANY games but always had such trouble following the puck!  Sorry, but I loathe basketball.  Nothing seems more boring to me than watching a dozen guys run back and forth on a small court, throwing a ball at a hoop.  I can't watch that sport.

I am really rooting for the women's soccer team in France.  They are doing phenomenally at this point.  They have a rough game coming up against England.  I hope they win!  They all must have hearts of steel with the amount of running they do.  Go, USA!

Mayhem

I also watch the Super Bowl from time to time - just for the commercials. I'll usually be in charge of the BBQ while everyone else is enjoying the game though.

The most memorable basketball game I've been to was against the Lakers. My older brother's company had season tickets and we were sitting on row 7. Watching Shaq and Kobe do their thing during their prime was something I'll never forget.

I've not been following basketball much anymore, but was happy to see the Toronto Raptors win it all this year.

Squid

I was happy for the Raptors, too.  Toronto was happy!

Mayhem

Did you catch any highlights of the parade? It looked like there was a million people on the streets.

Squid

I caught video, etc. on the news.  It looked crazy!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview