PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 06:46:54 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Mix-n-Magic Challenges

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
I'm having a hard time understanding the challenge.  Is anyone doing this?  The first turn is only 8 GEMS.  Buy more turns for 16 GEMS.

Thanks
S1lent

snap20

I did the first turn...it gave me a mix and match badge (Jungle Gin) to complete. I haven't completed it yet, so have no idea what happens then. I didn't take a second turn.

Squid

I did the first turn... it gave me the BoggleBash mix and match.  I did finish it.  The badge occupies a seat in my MnM book and it's done.  Nothing more happens.  I simply have a badge that normally would not have been available until Feb, 2015.  It cost me 8 gems, which is like a 50 percent off sale.  Future turns cost 16 gems and you would win one of the following:  tokens, gems, MnM badge.  I don't think I will be playing any more as any time tokens are a possible prize for my gems, it is a poor risk in my eyes.

S1lent

Greetings,
DO NOT PLAY...after the first 8 GEMS.

Darn...I won 2 gems....it cost me 16 Gems.
Darn...I won 2500 tokens...it cost me 16 Gems.

S1lent

So I tried it on my other account.....YIKES IDentical

Squid

Quote from: s1lent on November 20, 2014, 08:48:12 AM
Greetings,
DO NOT PLAY...after the first 8 GEMS.

Darn...I won 2 gems....it cost me 16 Gems.
Darn...I won 2500 tokens...it cost me 16 Gems.

S1lent

So I tried it on my other account.....YIKES IDentical

So sorry to hear it, S1lent!  This just reinforces my original thoughts.

Mayhem

After my first purchase, I won 'gem packs' on my next 2 turns.

However, it doesn't show me how many gems I won and I don't see my account credited with anything.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

KrAzY

it is like playing slots, First time gets you a badge so you keep spending 16 to try and get the other 2 challenges but after 200+ gems i got none of the others challenges just alot of lost gems and token and gempacks. Even if you win gems it is less then what you paid for the card lol 16 to play and you win only 12 gems back ( at least in all my turns ). To me it is just anotehr scam by pogo to get people to keep feeding gems to it until they get the matching challenges in a set of 3. I will not be playing it anymore that's for sure, I can just wait until they are realeased.

Mistyeyed

this sounds like another way pogo is trying to get you to buy more gems

Squid

I'm feeling so strange about all of this.  It's almost as though I'm embarrassed for Pogo.  I think it's shameful that they put out a game like this that seems so obviously geared toward bilking the people who give them the most support.  Yes, there are probably going to be some people who will benefit well on some turns but the masses will wind up with tokens, paltry gems, or maybe the MnM badge (at full price, mind you).   Tsk, tsk Pogo!

Yoming 2

I have this deep down feeling that a lot of people will be cussin' a lot and this little idea of Pogo's won't last very long.   I betcha they will get a boat load of complaints.   Not from me,,,,cause I ain't gonna play their little money ( gem ) game.    shocked.gif     weather38.gif

C~M

Well, I wasn't gonna post, but here it goes.

I spent:

8 Gems=Jungle Gin Badge
16 Gems=20 Gems
16 Gems=Free Card
           = 2,500 Tokens
16 Gems=2 Gems

Then I quit and am through wasting Gems with them.

snap20

It's so useless that tokens are a "win". They should allow tokens to be turned in for Gems. Hell, even if it was 10 million for 1 gem at least then the tokens aren't absolutely and completely useless.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on November 20, 2014, 01:55:42 PM
I'm feeling so strange about all of this.  It's almost as though I'm embarrassed for Pogo.  I think it's shameful that they put out a game like this that seems so obviously geared toward bilking the people who give them the most support.  Yes, there are probably going to be some people who will benefit well on some turns but the masses will wind up with tokens, paltry gems, or maybe the MnM badge (at full price, mind you).   Tsk, tsk Pogo!

Like I said, Pogo doesn't do anything that isn't in their own best interest. I spent the initial 8 gems for a MnM badge and then quit because I have more than enough tokens to last me a pogo lifetime.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 20, 2014, 03:28:34 PM
Well, I wasn't gonna post, but here it goes.

I spent:

8 Gems=Jungle Gin Badge
16 Gems=20 Gems
16 Gems=Free Card
           = 2,500 Tokens
16 Gems=2 Gems

Then I quit and am through wasting Gems with them.

I am sure you only did this to keep that Crazy in your ID! But Pogo thanks you for helping them bring up their Revenue this month.

Squid

Some peeps just have a bit of a gambler in them, I guess.   I don't think I am a gambler.

C~M

Don't forget to do one each week
for 8 gems so you get the first badge.

I got this badge for 8 gems.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 24, 2014, 07:32:24 PM
Don't forget to do one each week
for 8 gems so you get the first badge.

I got this badge for 8 gems.

So you're saying that every week you're guaranteed to get a badge for 8 gems?

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 24, 2014, 08:21:36 PM

I believe so. Just go there and it will show you how many gems it will cost per turn and you have to confirm it unless you checked the box for it not to show it again.

It also says this:

Spend Pogo Gems to start unlocking the Mix-n-Match Challenges by picking cards from the deck. Your first turn is only 8 Gems and guaranteed to unlock one of the week's three Mix-n-Match Challenges.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 24, 2014, 08:21:36 PM

Yes, that is correct.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

disneyland lady

I have seen a variety of 24 badges. So I figure that we might be able to get 8 badges at 8 gems if they do it this way and we only go for the very first one. So that is 8 badges for 64 gems instead of 124 gems in my head which does not like to do math early in the day.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview