PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 12:56:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Problems

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

"Netscape Navigator"?  Really? Honestly, I'd recommend finding a new browser if you are still using that. You'll continue to have issues otherwise. Support stopped for it in 2008.

The directions are pretty straight forward though. You just have to delete the browser cache. I don't have Netscape and haven't used it in years, so can't verify that is the steps to take, but it looks correct. If you are, indeed, using a different browser than that, let us know, so we can update the steps to take. Just make sure you close your browser after you clear the cache, and open it up again.

According to Sue's copy/paste, it isn't the Java cache which is different. If it's a java applet, it wouldn't be in the java cache, it would be in the browser cache (if I am wrong about that, please, someone feel free to correct me).

You can, though, try clearing your Flash and Java cache as well. You should close your browser before clearing them though.

Steps for Flash - https://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569
Steps for Java - https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Sue

I got it figured out. Thank Squid for your assistance.

roadwarrior

I need help.  I am having the same issues as Sue.  I've done ALL the suggestions.

Java based pogo games DO NOT load on my computer.  Not.  Not happening.

I go to any other site that uses Java.  The site loads perfectly.  No issues.  No problems.  Nothing.  Yet I go back to pogo and load a java based game....it crashes and lots of issues.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

snap20

roadwarrior, try removing Java completely from your computer. Rebooting and then installing it again. if you haven't done that already.

roadwarrior

Quote from: snap20 on January 05, 2015, 12:58:19 PM
roadwarrior, try removing Java completely from your computer. Rebooting and then installing it again. if you haven't done that already.

not even gonna try.  Been there done that way too many times.  Does it matter that I'm using windows 7 starter?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

snowflower

Quote from: roadwarrior on January 05, 2015, 05:27:02 PM
not even gonna try.  Been there done that way too many times.  Does it matter that I'm using windows 7 starter?

Your problem is not likely caused by your Windows 7 Starter. I've had the same problem with Pogo and its wonderful Java issues. After doing everything suggested and then everything else that was left to do ... I closed everything, turned my computer off, went to bed and read a book.  Next morning all issues had somehow resolved themselves.  This has happened to me more than once ... so I'm not really surprised to see this issue popping up again. Sounds like a false positive maybe ...? Good luck with this .. it's just not funny to run into this especially on Challenge Day! Is there a site ANYWHERE on the net that has as many issues as Pogo???? lol.

Squid

New problem with the latest Java:

It won't load rooms in Pogo due to invalid/expired certificate.  There is an "exception' area that is not accepting anything I put in for Pogo.  I can get to the games in Pogo, just can't load the room.  I've cleared cache and tried all sorts of combos.  I've rebooted.  The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall.

Any ideas?

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on February 09, 2015, 06:39:24 PM
New problem with the latest Java:

It won't load rooms in Pogo due to invalid/expired certificate.  There is an "exception' area that is not accepting anything I put in for Pogo.  I can get to the games in Pogo, just can't load the room.  I've cleared cache and tried all sorts of combos.  I've rebooted.  The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall.

Any ideas?

If it was me I would go back and try to install the older version of Java ( if you can )................I don't allow Java to update until the new version is a year old... giggle2.gif                 

Yoming 2

Squid.............seems there are more than just a few having problems like this..............I went to the pogo forum and there is info there how to work around Java.   It has something to do with Java security certificate.....I just put expired java security certificate in the search box on the fourm site and found lots of stuff............might be worth a try for you.   Hope it helps.    tumbsup.gif

A current work-around that is working for most people; to find it the place for changing this setting go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Security > Edit Site List:

kathysq1 wrote:Open Java Control Panel, under "Security" tab click "edit site list."
       Add http:// game3.pogo.com (without the space after // )
       There will be a warning that URLs with http are a security risk. Ignore it and click continue.

CAGal 1950 gives lots of info and how to work around this problem...

Squid

Thanks, Yoming, I did most of that already.  Anyway, I dumped Java 8 and went back to 7 for now.  The problem is gone.  I'll check out Pogo again, like you said, when I'm forced to move onto another Java upgrade.  So frustrating...

MsMissy

Im glad Squid, that you got some help & info from Yoming2 and it is working now so you can play. If I run into that problem too ,I wil  check back here .   tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview