This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ooma

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Does anyone have any experience with this phone service?  Pros?  Cons?

Just wonderin'...

C~M

Squid

Ooma is a consumer telecommunications company based in Palo Alto, California, in the United States that allows its users to make phone calls anywhere inside the United States or anywhere inside Canada with low monthly service fees.

C~M

snap20

I think it's more like Vonage, isn't it? VOIP service?

Squid

It does not require a computer to be on to be working, like MagicJack.  It might be like Vonage, I'm not sure.  The reason I am interested is that I would like to keep a land line but almost everyone is really using cell phones now.  This is a service where you buy the small box and you pay no more, except your monthly local taxes and fees, which come to about three dollars a month.  That's quite a savings over what I pay now. 

I guess I'll have to do more research.  I have few answers, sorry.

snap20

Okay, I did a bit of looking and it's like Vonage. You don't need a computer, but you do need high speed internet access, as it connects through the internet (VOIP). Seems like the company gets pretty good reviews though. I see they offer a "premium" service which supports a blacklist of calls...but I would think if your number is registered with the national do not call registry, you shouldn't have many calls, other than surveys or political ones. No idea the cost for premium though.

MsMissy

Ive never heard of them either.  sorry cant help.   coffee.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview