This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bing Rewards Bot Feature Request

Started by rdfiasco,

Previous topic - Next topic

rdfiasco

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm new to the pogo community and only really use the Bing Rewards Bot.

I run automated searches on the Bing Rewards Bot on a daily basis, often from my work computer. My problem is that the searches run are completely random and unfiltered. On two occasions, I have returned to the tab running the bot to find NSFW searches being run. The terms in question were "vaginas" and "fellatio." You can see how this could present a problem if somebody happened to view this over my shoulder at work. Please filter NSFW searches from the bot.

Again, if this isn't the right place for this, I apologize and I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Squid

NFSW?  Not For Showing Wife?  I'm sure she knows she has a vagina.

ROFLMAO.... I saw NFSW, not NSFW.  Sowwy!

Mayhem

Quote from: rdfiasco on March 09, 2015, 07:45:51 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm new to the pogo community and only really use the Bing Rewards Bot.

I run automated searches on the Bing Rewards Bot on a daily basis, often from my work computer. My problem is that the searches run are completely random and unfiltered. On two occasions, I have returned to the tab running the bot to find NSFW searches being run. The terms in question were "vaginas" and "fellatio." You can see how this could present a problem if somebody happened to view this over my shoulder at work. Please filter NSFW searches from the bot.

Again, if this isn't the right place for this, I apologize and I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Keep in mind the dictionary file is 22,000+ words strong - it'd be quite a task to go through it manually to remove any NSFW keywords.

When at work, you're better off to disable "Show the Internet Explorer window" and minimize the bot when it's searching. You can find that option in the "Misc Options" tab.

With that said, I did remove the 2 NSFW keywords you mentioned.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

rdfiasco

That's understandable, and thanks for removing the two I mentioned. A few possible solutions to the problem:

• Would it be too much of a hassle to filter at least the terms that immediately come to mind as NSFW?
  • I would wager that a predetermined list of words to filter exists somewhere on the vast interwebs
  • Add a feature to report a term as NSFW
  • Add a feature to filter a custom list of terms

Again, thanks for removing the terms I mentioned, and in the meantime I'll heed your suggestions.

C~M

If you have the paid bot you can make up your own list of words to search. Why don't you do that or run the bot at home instead. Mayhem has enough to do running this forum and keeping the bots working to implement something so stupid when you have the ability to make your own list.

rdfiasco

The only thing stupid in this thread is your spelling of implement.

EDIT: Nice stealth edit  hi11.gif

snowflower

Quote from: rdfiasco on March 09, 2015, 10:37:14 AM
The only thing stupid in this thread is your spelling of implement.

EDIT: Nice stealth edit  hi11.gif

You're just a bit inconsiderate of our very kind hearted and well seasoned Administrator!  slap1.gif
Not to mention our helpful Rank 9 Member! Your mouth is definitely outranked on this site!  nono.gif

Mayhem

I wrote a quick app that cross referenced the NSFW list (with the dictionary file) and removed the offending words.

The new dictionary file is now live and will be used next time you start the bot.

As for the other suggestions, it can be done - but it's low priority as there is a small 'to do' list that still needs attention.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

rdfiasco

Quote from: snowflower on March 09, 2015, 01:16:10 PM
You're just a bit inconsiderate of our very kind hearted and well seasoned Administrator!  slap1.gif
Not to mention our helpful Rank 9 Member! Your mouth is definitely outranked on this site!  nono.gif
I don't think that a feature request is inconsiderate at all. I was very polite with my requests and even helped by providing suggestions and resources. As for the Rank 9 Member, he was quite rude and not at all helpful to me.

Quote from: Mayhem on March 09, 2015, 02:16:25 PM
I wrote a quick app that cross referenced the NSFW list (with the dictionary file) and removed the offending words.

The new dictionary file is now live and will be used next time you start the bot.
Thank you! Much appreciated!

C~M

Quote from: rdfiasco on March 10, 2015, 05:56:40 PM
As for the Rank 9 Member, he was quite rude and not at all helpful to me.

I was helpful, you were the one to go off on me for spelling even though I caught it as I clicked the post button. You have to remember that Mayhem is the sole owner of this site and has to do everything to keep it running. He also provides a free online bot for everyone who is too cheap or can't afford to pay $10 for his hard work. He also has the paid bot that he has to keep running as well. As for Pogo, I am not sure if he ever plays it anymore or if he has the time. He also has a life and family to take care of.
I provided you a way to use the paid bot and not have those words by making up your own list, a feature Mayhem has in the bot. I have downloaded the list, so I know others can as well, then you could have removed any of the words you wanted and told the bot to use your list.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview