This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Enable Chrome's "Mute This Tab" Shortcut in the Dev Channel

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

If you have the latest version of Chrome you will notice a speaker on the tabs that are playing sounds. This will enable you to click the speaker to mute that tab. (Great for Pogo's new slots games with no mute feature)

1. Type "chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting" into Chrome's address bar without " " and press Enter.

2. Chrome should automatically scroll down to the "Enable Tab Audio Muting UI" flag.

3. Click the enable link below it.

4. Restart Chrome.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I don't get the mute option, which is enabled in my settings.

Version 41.0.2272.89 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

C~M

Quote from: Squid on March 16, 2015, 05:59:59 AM
I don't get the mute option, which is enabled in my settings.

Version 41.0.2272.89 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

The speaker will only show when you have sound coming from that tab. You must enable it in the DEV channel, not settings.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Crazy~Man on March 16, 2015, 11:12:41 AM
The speaker will only show when you have sound coming from that tab. You must enable it in the DEV channel, not settings.

I found the spot, enabled it, loaded pogo with sound on and the speaker still isn't there.

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 16, 2015, 11:15:31 AM
I found the spot, enabled it, loaded pogo with sound on and the speaker still isn't there.

The sound HAS to be playing or it disappears. The speaker has been there in the latest update. All this does is enable you to click it to mute the tab.

Squid

Ok, I've got the speaker icon on the tab but I cannot shut it off mute it.  I am DEV enabled.

C~M

Quote from: Squid on March 16, 2015, 01:27:18 PM
Ok, I've got the speaker icon on the tab but I cannot shut it off mute it.  I am DEV enabled.

After you click enable there should be a restart chrome button at the bottom, click that and let chrome close and restart. Then when you see the speaker you should be able to click it and it mute the sound and the speaker changes to speaker with the red circle with line through it.

Squid

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Crazy~Man on March 16, 2015, 01:12:15 PM
The sound HAS to be playing or it disappears. The speaker has been there in the latest update. All this does is enable you to click it to mute the tab.

Oh, found it!!! The speaker is tiny! I was looking near the home button, but it's up higher.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

C~M

You can also right-click the tab
and click mute/unmute
(depending on if it is muted or not)
after you have enabled it.

C~M

In case anyone is wondering, since a lot of us now use the Torch Browser, this also works for it as well.

Squid

Isn't Pogo going to have trouble with Torch, too?  Java won't be supported, etc...
Or is it just Chrome?

Stinkerbell

C~M

I don't know as Chrome and Torch and Opera are based off of the same Chromium browser, but created and maintained by different companies.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview