PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:06:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stikky Keys

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Keys are stikky.  The letters that follow B and L and W and others do not work!  I kleaned the keyboard under the keys with keyboard kleaner.  Any thoughts?  No debris, no spills.  I kant type!  Help, please!  UGH

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

snap20

There are sooooooo many inappropriate comments I can make. But I won't.  lipsrsealed.gif

Sue

My "A" wouldn't work the other night so I shut down for the night.

When I logged in the next time, it worked perfectly.

Yoming 2

Quote from: Sue on May 30, 2015, 08:17:55 PM

My "A" wouldn't work the other night either... so I shut down for the night.   When I got up the next morning it was ready to go again..... giggle2.gif   hysterical.gif

Sorry Squid.............just having fun with ya tonight    cheesy.gif    too good to pass up.  But thanx for the chance to  hysterical.gif    whistle.gif

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on May 30, 2015, 06:26:03 PM
This site may help with your issue.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Sticky-Keyboard-Keys

Thank you, Mayhem, I've tried many of the suggestions.  DIdn't try the alcohol because I had commercially available cleaner.  Might try the alcohol.  Saw online that WD-40 is touted to work and tried that.  It worked very temporarily.

Quote from: snap20 on May 30, 2015, 08:08:55 PM
There are sooooooo many inappropriate comments I can make. But I won't.  lipsrsealed.gif

I'm so surprised you restrained yourself!  hehehe  giggle2.gif

Quote from: Sue on May 30, 2015, 08:17:55 PM

Very happy yours is working!

Quote from: Yoming 2 on May 30, 2015, 08:51:38 PM
My "A" wouldn't work the other night either... so I shut down for the night.   When I got up the next morning it was ready to go again..... giggle2.gif   hysterical.gif
Sorry Squid.............just having fun with ya tonight    cheesy.gif    too good to pass up.  But thanx for the chance to  hysterical.gif    whistle.gif

Very happy yours is working again, too!  Not a good thing to have a draggy "A" !   giggle2.gif

Quote from: Crazy~Man on May 30, 2015, 10:45:07 PM

Have you tried this product for the same purpose, CM?

Thanks for all the replies.  I'll give some a go.  Thanks for the chuckles, too! giggle2.gif

snap20

Is this on a laptop or external keyboard (like with a desktop computer)? Keyboards eventually will wear out. Depends on how you type, how often it's used (duh) and the manufacturer. If it's a laptop...you could be screwed. lol

Squid

snap20

Here's a different one for a different type of laptop - http://www.instructables.com/id/Clean-Your-Sticky-Laptop-Keyboard/?ALLSTEPS

The hinges themselves might be your issue (similar to how a mouse button wears out). Depending on the laptop, you might be able to replace them, but I'm not sure. i've never done it and never really looked into it. Do a search on google with your make/model of laptop and see if it's a common issue with that specific machine and if there are any parts you can replace on them to correct the issue.

Squid

Thanks, Snap.  I just tried to klean with alkohol and you kan see how it worked.  LOL, still wont work.  THe hinges see^^ like they will break if I try to re^^o\/e the^^.   Not sure....

snap20

Quote from: snowflower on May 31, 2015, 07:05:01 PM
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

That was my reaction after reading Squiddy's last post. haha

Quote from: Squid on May 31, 2015, 07:03:09 PM
Thanks, Snap.  I just tried to klean with alkohol and you kan see how it worked.  LOL, still wont work.  THe hinges see^^ like they will break if I try to re^^o\/e the^^.   Not sure....

I guess it's good my username isn't cmx. hysterical.gif

I guess you'll have to decide if you want the hinges sticky or broken, since they don't work anyway...? lol. Maybe try it on a key you can do without, in case you break it. Something like "pause/break" or whatever useless keys you have.

Squid

I got out the hinges and tried to klean ^^ore.  No dyse.  LOL.  I^^ glad you find ^^y pain hu^^orous!  ROFL... it is.  I lo\/e this puter and will not gi\/e up!  LOL, thanks for the help, e1   heart1.gif

disneyland lady

Pretty easy to see which are the stiCky keys! I use compressed air to clean out the keyboard and that usually works. But a couple of months ago I got a $9.99 keyboard from Walmart and found that it still works as good as that $24.99 one did. More than likely with the cost of everything going up I imagine that Logitech is now just under $15 instead of $10.

Squid

I'll probably just buy a cheap keyboard with a USB plug and use that on the laptop.  I have vacuumed, blown compressed air, alcohol cleaned, commercial solvent cleaned, WD-40'd, etc.... all to no avail.  I have a USB port mouse on it already because I never liked the mouse pads on laptops.  The puter still has life in it and, while I've begun preparing my new laptop with transfers/DLs, etc, I still want to use my old one (nice BIG monitor,etc.).  I may have to throw the towel in on getting the keyboard to work. 

I am on my desktop right now, which is why the keys are working.

snap20

Quote from: Squid on June 01, 2015, 08:24:42 AM
I am on my desktop right now, which is why the keys are working.

Boooo! It's more fun when you have to creatively come up with ways to type...it's like using 733t speak. lol

External keyboard sounds like a great idea. I always use a mouse with laptop too...the 'pads' are 'nubs' or whatever on laptops suck.

Squid

LOL, until I get the new keyboard, you'll see my rAndSo^^ note writings....  LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview