PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 12:17:39 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I'm askeered to ask....

Has anyone D/L'd the new OS?  If so, what are your initial thoughts?  Any pitfalls?   magnifier.gif

Stinkerbell

Thanks for starting this thread, Inky. I'm very interested in people's thoughts, especially regarding pogo games as well as how their computers run. Faster, slower, etc....

sunnyb

i'd like to know this too and wonder if i should do this alone or would i need help. not tech. inclined.  magnifier.gif

Squid

I have a friend who already went to Windows 10.  She said it was very easy.  

edited to say:  She hasn't played with it much so she doesn't have anything to report yet.

S1lent

Greetings,
If you didn't get an invite for Windows 10 here is a link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Good luck

I'm going to install on an older computer first.

Let you Know

S1lent

disneyland lady

I am stressing about it only because I now have 2 other people in the house and one runs 3 computers - all on my wi-fi. I found that it could take as much as a couple of hours to download on Win 7 and an hour on Win 8 - but they also say it could go faster (not with mine).

Here are some FAQ (I had to shorten the 330 character link!):

http://tinyurl.com/notrvde

Squid

I think I'm going to install Win 10 on my new laptop before I start getting too used to 8.1.  My other puters are Win 7, which I am not ready to give up yet.  I'm feeling separation anxiety... anyone got a Xanax?

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on August 03, 2015, 04:56:55 AM
I think I'm going to install Win 10 on my new laptop before I start getting too used to 8.1.  My other puters are Win 7, which I am not ready to give up yet.  I'm feeling separation anxiety... anyone got a Xanax?

I don't have a xanax but they probably dole them out on Big Brother. I, too, am going to do the 8.1 laptop first and wait to do my Win 7. Mine has to do with how much easier Win 7 is on my hands compared to 8.1.

TheAngel

i got windows 10 on release day and have been using it... not too different from 8 so if you are used to 8 it won't be too bad... everything seems to run the same and i havent had any problems with anything yet but I have a newer all-in-one computer which maybe helps.  i like having the start menu back   cheesy.gif  oh and pogo games and PB autos working just fine too   tumbsup.gif

Mayhem

I'm currently building a new system, but all the parts won't be here until the 15th .. so I'll be waiting until then before installing Win 10.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I installed Windows 10 on my new laptop last night (1.25 hours).  I think the puter is running faster than it did with 8.1.  It did a good job of remembering my settings and keeping stuff.  It did not remember my setting regarding scrolling.  I can't seem to find where to reset that.  LOL, there's going to be a little bit of a learning curve although it is similar to 8.1 in appearance.  I like the differences I've seen.  My two autos on that computer worked after the installation but needed to be re-registered.  I'll post stuff here when I have had time to play with it more. 

Off to work!  UGH

S1lent

Greetings,
Info from "Leo LaPorte-The Tech Guy".   Says to not use the sites that can download...just WAIT till you get an invite.  There might be some authorization problems.  The new internet explorer is suppose to be really fast.  I see a big problem re-registering my 115 autos.  So I will wait...heck I might just stay with Win 7.

Love reading the posts...thanks

S1lent

TheAngel

Quote from: s1lentscream on August 04, 2015, 06:36:42 AM
I see a big problem re-registering my 115 autos.  So I will wait...heck I might just stay with Win 7.

S1lent

haha i said the same thing to my hubby!! but maybe I have good news...do you have the monthly sub? if so after you register the first one then they are all registered as you dl them (thank goodness!!!!) 

btw has anyone used edge browser? i clicked on it but it wanted to dl an app or something so I just canceled and went back to chrome

Stinkerbell

People are saying it's similar to 8, does that mean it has the apps to download? Does it still look like Apple?

LittleFawn

I have Windows 10 and used the new browser just to see what it was like. It was pretty good. I did not have to download any app to use it.

S1lent

Greetings,
Got Windows 10 installed on 2008 Windows 7 HP computer from Costco.
The things that worked for me:
All Microsoft Office Products 2010:  Word, Excel and Outlook
CCleaner-works
PC Tools Performance Toolkit-works
It appears Windows Defender has replaced Microsoft Security Essentials and it works
I added IE 11 back on and it works with POGO Games
FF works
All 99 autos from BW works but will need to get re-registered...and with three computers it will take a year.
I tried two autos from BadgeHelp (PopPhooey and SpiderFighter) with IE 11...no luck.  I still think it is operator error on my part.
Chrome is lighting fast on loading POGO games...at least the ones that work.

Bottom line.
If you are happy with Win 7 or 8 stay and wait, you have till 29 Jul 16 to upgrade.  But if you have some glitches and an older computer Windows 10 might show improvement.  I give it a solid 9 out of 10.  Would have been a 10...but I had a couple of blank screens that I had to force a power off.

OK...best news...I can still get onto POGOCHEATS.NET

S1lent

Squid

Quote from: s1lentscream on August 06, 2015, 09:07:30 AM
OK...best news...I can still get onto POGOCHEATS.NET

S1lent

So happy to hear it!  Thanks for all the info, Screamer.

S1lent

Greetings,
Even more good news.  The registration code from BW stayed the same...so if you purchased autos and saved the password....YOU BE ON EASY STREET.

HAGD
S1lent

LittleFawn

How did you add internet explorer 11 back. I was just wondering because I want it back. Do you have to take the Edge browser off before you can add IE 11 back.

S1lent

Greetings,
To add Internet Explorer (Or any other program) to the task bar.
Just type the name in the "search the web and windows" box on the task bar.  Once you see it .... just right click an pin to task bar.

Hope this helps
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview