This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

raine56

I downloaded win 10 and on both my comps when I try to open BW auto I get this error.  Tried redownloading but hit same problem.

Anyone got any ideas
thanks

EDIT:  I fixed it.  Just had to right click and run as administrator.  But is back to shareware so have to re register them all.

Squid

Yes, You'll have to run as administrator every time you want to use the auto.  I'm not used to having to do that and don't like it one bit!  They should have a bullet choice to ALWAYS run as administrator.

C~M

Right click the auto and click properties and click the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as administrator or as I do, click the change settings for all users and then check the run this program as administrator

TheAngel

so glad i don't have to do that w/ pb!   cheesy.gif

disneyland lady

I know someone who has upgraded to Windows 10 on their Win 7 and all of their downloadable games are no longer available. The ones they had from 2011 when iWin started taking over are downloadable again but they cannot get their Diner Dash, Pictureeka or other older ons. I am thinking I will stick with Win 7 because I still get the badges for others in the old downloadables (for free PBAs) and will just do 10 on my Win 8.1 since I do not have any downloadable games on the laptop anyway.

snowflower

Can't say enough good about this site.  cheesy.gif

I have win/10 sitting on my bottom task bar and until I see what everyone is doing and how they're making out (and when I'm home long enough and feel up to fighting with it, lol) ~ I guess I'll just stay with win/7.
Thanks so much for all the great info and keep it coming!

LittleFawn

I have an older computer like 4 to 5 years old and have Windows 10 installed and so far have no issues. The autos had to be re registered but that was it.

S1lent

Greetings,
I upgraded three of my computers and all work fine.  Had to re-register my passwords...Lucky I have them all saved on an excel spreadsheet.  My next step will be to upgrade my macbook pro laptop...it has windows running in bootcamp...Microsoft says it will work.  Still waiting my invite.

The only trouble...is the following on one of the computers

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

I've searched the web...no solutions...lots of guesses...I'll just wait for Microsoft to fix it.

All for now and good luck

S1lent

MsMissy

I also have had windows 10 sitting in my taskbar for sometime now, but im staying with windows 7 for as long as I can. Thanks for all the info though as I do read it. great site & helpful people also.   tumbsup.gif   coffee.gif

tommyboy89

Quote from: MsMissy on August 16, 2015, 05:59:21 AM
I also have had windows 10 sitting in my taskbar for sometime now, but im staying with windows 7 for as long as I can. Thanks for all the info though as I do read it. great site & helpful people also.   tumbsup.gif   coffee.gif

I switched from Windows 7.

Definitely worth the upgrade.

raine56

Anyone figured out how to run the autos from BW without right clicking run as admin everytime?

Squid

Quote from: raine56 on August 16, 2015, 05:20:40 PM
Anyone figured out how to run the autos from BW without right clicking run as admin everytime?
I think we are stuck with having to do this.  I have everything checked off as CM shows in his picture above but I still have to click run as administrator on Win 8.1 and Win 10.

Oddly enough, starting yesterday, my Win 7 laptop now requires it when it never did before.  There must have been an update or something.  Even that is odd because I don't allow automatic updates without notifying me first.  I don't understand what's going on.

raine56

Thanks.  I guess I just have to keep right clicking.  I am just thankful that they still work lol.

S1lent

Greetings,
CM instructions are about as straightforward as it comes.

Do you keep all the autos in one specific folder? I use to keep them in a folder called "BW". However, Windows 10 renamed the folder "Downloads" and I can't change it.  For easy access, I added a toolbar (named downloads) to my taskbar.  So now all I do is click on the "downloads" and there are all my 114 BW autos.

Anyway it works for me,
S1lent

Stinkerbell

My dad says he's getting a pop-up to download the newest version of Windows 10. Is anyone else getting this? Is it a regular Windows update?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview