This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

trojan file?

Started by sunnyb,

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnyb

strange thing s happening on puter with norton. pogo games bkground turn black now . playbuddys stopped working and h ubby found some of this file in quaranteen.
http: // service.gamegogle.com/sv3/sunadusv4/autoupdate.exe    downloaded fr autoupdate. exe  . threat name trojan.startpage from gamegogle.com

anyone know if this playbuddy files? sent them email but havent heard bk yet. maybe norton false-postive?
thnx

Mayhem

No, I don't think so. I am emailing them to double check on this though.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

sunnyb

Quote from: Mayhem on November 08, 2015, 12:47:26 PM

thnx mayhem .  my playbuddys no good now .  playbuddys files getting grabbed up by norton ? all pogo games in blk bkground so buddys cant see em now . notice now to everything else in blk bkground . maybe trojans coming in fr some place els e ? norton said maby big fish . big fissh gone thogh . playbuddy told snowy while bk mabe webroot . but none of us dont have have that site . first snowy now me to. thnx to any1 for help.

Mayhem

I just spoke with PlayBuddy and that's NOT a Play Buddy file nor associated with them.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on November 09, 2015, 11:55:40 AM
I just spoke with PlayBuddy and that's NOT a Play Buddy file nor associated with them.

undecided.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
I got a new computer with Windows 10 and McAfee free for a year.

I uninstalled the antivirus...and my computer runs much better.

Well it works for me...running no antivirus

s1lent

sunnyb

Quote from: Mayhem on November 09, 2015, 11:55:40 AM
thnx mayhem, norton today said real bad v irus . but nothing with p laybuddy . thnx for help . thnx . thanx . thanx !!!

sunnyb

Quote from: Mayhem on November 08, 2015, 12:47:26 PM
think were ok now . heres what i got bk fr play buddys today . mybe some h elp for others here ? thnx again .

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear about the virus - hate it when that happens!  If it's any consolation, you need not ever worry about a virus from Play Buddy; we do not put any malicious code into our Buddies - they are just the Buddies and nothing more. :-) Although it does occasionally happen that Norton will 'false positive' new or updated Buddies but this is simply a precaution and is not indicative of an actual threat in our case.

Unfortunately the new EDGE browser is not java compatible. Just as Chrome has discontinued Java, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done on our end or your end as it is a decision made by Microsoft and Google Chrome. This is because Java is being phased out and over time will likely become obsolete. However, IE 11 is supposed to work with both flash and java. If you can open and run Pogo games in IE 11 but the Buddies themselves don't work, definitely submit a couple bug reports mentioning that and I'll pass them over to the programmer.

I like to reference this page from Pogo indicating what browsers will play what. They say it's for "Windows 10" but in reality it is applicable for Windows Vista, 7, and 8:  news.pogo.com/will-windows-10-work-with-pogo

So right now the best choice to not have to worry about if the game will load or not due to whether it's java or not, would be IE 11. I say this because while Firefox can also run both, there are too many instances when the Firefox browser displays Pogo's graphics differently which makes some Buddies not recognize their game partially or in its entirety.

I hope this information helps or at least sheds some light on the situation!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,
Shannon - Support Tech

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview