This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bing Bot Disabled my DEL key

Started by Spare800,

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare800

Since installing the newest BigSearchBot24Beta5 to fix the problem logging into Microsoft Account, my DEL key no longer works in mainstream apps (MS Word, Windows Live Mail, everything!).  I'm on a fully patched Windows 7 64-bit PC.

I set BingSearchBot to run at 6:30am, click START and minimize the SearchBot and let it do its work automatically each day.  But since I upgraded to v24Beta5, my DEL (delete) key doesn't work.  This is not a keyboard problem and there are no other screen scraping or keyboard monitoring tools installed - except EVGA Precision.  When I find the minimized BingSearchBot icon in the taskbar, right click and CLOSE it, my DEL key works again.  Closing EVGA Precision doesn't fix the problem.  And the old BingSearchBot23 worked fine without causing problems with my DEL key.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to troubleshoot or help you find the solution.  Right now, this requires me to manually run BingSearchBot once a day - and I can't use the Delete key while it is running (or even when it is open).

REPRO STEPS:
  o  Open an application (Word, Mail, etc.) and try to use the DEL key - notice it works correctly
  o  Open BingSearchBot (you don't even need to start it - just open it!)
  o  Using an application (Word, Mail, etc.) try to use the DEL key - notice it DOES NOT work
  o  Close BingSearchBot
  o  Use an application (Word, Mail, etc.) and try to use the DEL key - notice it works correctly again

Problem does not happen with BingSearchBot23.
Problem DOES happen with BingSearchBot24Beta4 and 24Beta5

Mayhem

Thank you for reporting this.

I'm not sure what is causing this (yet), but it will be fixed in the next update.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview