PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:43:49 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bing Search Bot 2.4 Official quits and closes itself.

Started by limitz,

Previous topic - Next topic

limitz

As the title mentions.
2.4 Official will complete all web searches and closes itself immediately before mobile searches. This issue just started a few days ago.

2.3.6 works flawlessly and so does 2.4 Beta5.

I am back using 2.3.6 until further notice.

Appreciated.

Win 10 x64

[Settings]
SearchWeb=1
SearchImages=0
SearchVideo=0
SearchNews=0
RotateLogin=30
Sleep=5-10
AccountSleep=0
DailyOffers=1
ShowHiddenIE=1
MinimizeToTray=0
ClearTempCache=1
EmulateHuman=1
SlowInet=1
InPrivate=1
RandomOrder=0
AutoStart=0
AutoStartOffset=0
AutoStartBot=1
TimeHour=12
TimeMins=00
TimeAMPM=AM
DictionaryKeywords=1
TopKeywords=0
MobileSearch=1
MobileSearches=20
MobileSleep=0
MobileAgent=Android
CustomMobileAgent=
[LoginList]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mayhem

I copied your exact settings (except for the search count) and it's working just fine here ... have you tried rebooting your computer to see if that makes any difference?

Logging out of Bing ...
Clearing temporary internet cache ...
Logging in to Bing ...
Checking if account needs verification ... No
Searching on XXXXXX@gmail.com (1 of 1) : 2 Searches
Start time : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:07 AM
[9:07 AM] Sleeping for 1 mins before starting mobile searches
Processing 2 mobile searches ...
Recording points total for this account ...
Logging out of Bing ...
Finished all accounts - stopped.

The new version 2.4 is identical to 2.4 Beta 5 - with the exception of when your accounts are finished, it no longer sits on the Bing.com home screen (it navigates to the new statistics page).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

limitz

Yes I use CCleaner and a reboot. Something is crashing 2.4 and at random times (not just before mobile searches). For some reason 2.4 Beta5 lacks something that my PC setup doesn't find annoying and allows it to run thoroughly until complete.

Mayhem

Let me know if you find a pattern to it. There should be no reason for it to crash on you though, as the code is identical - with the exception of the additional page load when the accounts are finished.

When it crashes, does it show you any errors? If so, could you please send a screenshot of it to support@pogocheats.net

Edit: Last time you had this issue, disabling Webroot fixed it. Does the same happen for you now?

limitz

No error shows it just quits and closes itself.

Okay I manually shut down Webroot and it ran without interruption. It was quarantined in Webroot and so I 'Allowed' it in the Allow/Block catergory. However, it shows BingSearchBot24 as this instead 'rv0cd_n4.exe in f:/temp'. I can not get Webroot to identify it as the title of the program 'BingSearchBot24'. So, without the proper title (BingSearchBot24) allowed within Webroot it will still run into the crashing issue because Webroot will flag it.

f:/temp - is the location of my RAMDisk, not sure why Webroot is pointing to that directory when BingSearchBot24 is located in my D: drive.

'rv0cd_n4.exe' - Does this look familiar to you, and is this related to BingSearchBot24.exe?

At least, we narrowed it down to Webroot being the prankster here.  magnifier.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: limitz on April 14, 2016, 02:16:07 PM
No error shows it just quits and closes itself.

Okay I manually shut down Webroot and it ran without interruption. It was quarantined in Webroot and so I 'Allowed' it in the Allow/Block catergory. However, it shows BingSearchBot24 as this instead 'rv0cd_n4.exe in f:/temp'. I can not get Webroot to identify it as the title of the program 'BingSearchBot24'. So, without the proper title (BingSearchBot24) allowed within Webroot it will still run into the crashing issue because Webroot will flag it.

f:/temp - is the location of my RAMDisk, not sure why Webroot is pointing to that directory when BingSearchBot24 is located in my D: drive.

'rv0cd_n4.exe' - Does this look familiar to you, and is this related to BingSearchBot24.exe?

At least, we narrowed it down to Webroot being the prankster here.  magnifier.gif

That "'rv0cd_n4.exe" is nothing to do with BingSearchBot. The bot does not use, load or rely on any other .exe programs.

I'll see if I can find any info on Webroot when I get back later tonight.

limitz

Looks as though you had to fill out a form and submit it to Webroot in order for them to reverse the false - positive, which resolved the issue? Seems like a pain in the butt.

"I sent them an email quite sometime ago .. and heard nothing back. I will try again tonight."

"Hopefully that will be resolved soon .. as this time around, I found their proper "Threat Found - False Positive" contact form."

"Webroot finally replied back to me.

We have reversed this false positive. Thank you for your patience with this issue.

Sincerely,
The Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team"

jjaymay29

Mayhem

Mayhem

This is from Webroot :

When you receive reports of possible false positive detections on your application files, please advise your customers to open a Webroot support ticket. This will ensure that we get the required data and can verify that elevated heuristics settings on the client are not causing the erroneous detection.

You can send them the following response, which will be extremely helpful in resolving further false positive issues:

"To identify your issue, it is necessary for Webroot to have log files from the Webroot SecureAnywhere application on the affected computer system. Please right-click the SecureAnywhere icon in the system tray (next to the system clock display) on the computer which is experiencing the problem, then choose "Help and Support". Select "Open a Support Ticket" on the Webroot support web site that opens. By following these steps, the necessary data should upload automatically for Webroot to review and troubleshoot."

Thank you for your patience with this issue.

Sincerely,
The Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team

Mayhem

jjaymay29

the funny thing is that it still closes the same way when i disable webroot

jjaymay29

just to let everyone know.... webroot replied with how to fix it and its is working perfectly now...thanx

Mayhem

limitz

Quote from: jjaymay29 on April 15, 2016, 08:13:34 PM
just to let everyone know.... webroot replied with how to fix it and its is working perfectly now...thanx

Mind sharing what the fix is?

C~M

jjaymay29

It was actually very simple... This is their letter to me edited for my protection:

Hello,

Our apologies for the issues!

Please follow these steps and try to use the software again:

1. In the Cortana search bar, type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), and press Enter on your keyboard.
Scroll down the programs list until you see the Webroot security product.
Click the Webroot security product entry once to select it, then click "Uninstall/Remove."
When asked if you are sure you want to uninstall, click "Yes" and follow any prompts that appear.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Click the Windows Start button.

4. Follow the steps below for your Windows version:

d, Windows 10: In the Cortana search bar, enter the following text into the field exactly as it appears below, and then press Enter:

%PROGRAMDATA%

5. Locate the WRData folder. This folder may not be present; if it is not, then continue to Part 2. If it is present, right-click the WRData folder and select Rename. Change the name to WRData1.

download the latest installer.

1. Save the file to your desktop.
2. Double-click "wsainstall.exe" to run the installer.
3. Enter your keycode when prompted.

Your keycode is: Your keycode

4. Click Agree and Install.
5. If asked "Would you like to automatically import the settings that were used in your previous installation?", click No. Webroot SecureAnywhere reinstalls itself.

A scan may begin automatically, depending on how recently a scan was completed.

This should resolve the issue you reported. If not, please send us another message to let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,
Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team

limitz

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview