This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The End of Bing Rewards Bot / Bing Search Bot

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Bing Rewards Bot / Bing Search Bot has been taken down in response to a cease and desist letter I received from Microsoft this evening.

This letter was hand delivered by a couple Microsoft representatives. They were really nice about everything, they just want to protect the integrity of the rewards program. In order to avoid any legal action against me, I am fully complying with the cease and desist letter I received.

I know some of you have a lot of questions, and I'll do my best to answer them without violating the C&D order.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Wow!  I want you to be safe, Ken.  I'm sorry you have to go through this but you did the right thing. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on October 04, 2016, 07:03:29 PM
I know some of you have a lot of questions, and I'll do my best to answer them without violating the C&D order.

Did they offer you a job?

Squid

Misury

Do you think you might release the source code for the webpage and the Chrome extension?

Omega_firesoul

These are dark times for us all, this bot served many so well, microsoft ruins so many things, a greedy corporation. This bot didn't do no wrong :(

Mayhem

Mayhem

Quote from: Misury on October 05, 2016, 04:26:27 AM
Do you think you might release the source code for the webpage and the Chrome extension?

No I won't be releasing the source code, the C&D notice I received forbids me to do so.

ayy lmao

shk12344

Dang, I'm sad this happened. I was able to get Microsoft Giftcard few hours ago.  Best of luck to you and everyone.  white flag.gif

Squid

Yes, thanks to Mayhem for all he's done in these Bing Reward years.  You're the best, Mayhem.

HellzOne

Are you still forbidden from pursuing a generated search method if you are not profiting from it? Would taking donations instead of people purchasing a bot be an option?

Mayhem

Quote from: HellzOne on October 05, 2016, 12:10:32 PM
Are you still forbidden from pursuing a generated search method if you are not profiting from it? Would taking donations instead of people purchasing a bot be an option?

I am forbidden to do anything - whether I receive money for it or not.

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Ken.  I do have a couple questions...

Did they show MS ID or could they be working for Apple just trying to thwart the competition?

Were they like the Men in Black?  Suits, sunglasses, aloof?

Were they hot?

Did they carry guns?

This is so exciting!!  In a sad kind of way....

Mayhem

I don't know - all I remember is a bright flash of light and waking up on the couch with these papers in my hands ...

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on October 05, 2016, 01:11:19 PM
I don't know - all I remember is a bright flash of light and waking up on the couch with these papers in my hands ...

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!  **sigh**

HellzOne

Did they send an actual person out to talk to you like they purportedly did with ****?

Did they take any information from you, on the bot or on the forums?

--

I figured this would all end some day, but I envisioned Microsoft/Bing pulling the plug on the Rewards program... This ending feels somewhat... hollow...

If this really is the end, I do want to say thank you, Ken. As someone that's normally pretty frugal, your bot gave me the means to actually enjoy some things. It enabled me to get into a new hobby, teaching me a skill that I will get enjoyment out of for decades to come. I owe you a beer some day.

Mayhem

Quote from: HellzOne on October 05, 2016, 02:29:47 PM
Did they send an actual person out to talk to you like they purportedly did with ****?

Yes, 2 Microsoft reps visited my house and hand delivered the cease & desist notification.

Quote from: HellzOne on October 05, 2016, 02:29:47 PM
Did they take any information from you, on the bot or on the forums?

No, they did not.

C~M

I lost over 1000 posts when the thread was deleted. I was less then 50 posts to 10,000 and blue.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview