This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

CLUE game - problem with BW auto

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Is anyone else having trouble with the BW auto with the CLUE game?

I load the game, the auto tells me to choose an episode and then when the game is ready to be played, the auto says "NONE READY?"  Sometimes the auto will say the episode number and just sit there.  This happens pretty much with all the new episodes.  The auto seems to play the older episodes without a problem. 

Anyone know why this is happening?  My research has yielded zilch.  TYVM   magnifier.gif

Yoming 2

I have had this happen a couple of times...........I just go to BW---download the auto again and it seems to work.  Lots of nonsense, but after awhile you just give up and do things the easy way.... tumbsup.gif

I just logged into Clue ( using torch ) and selected an episode and it chug a lugged right along.   cheesy.gif

Squid

mycatownsme

I'm glad I was reading and saw you were able to get into Torch and use it for Clue.

Torch was acting up and didn't know if it was just me and my machine?

Good to see you both today. Hope it is a good one.  coffee.gif

Yoming 2

Quote from: mycatownsme on February 23, 2017, 10:54:11 AM
I'm glad I was reading and saw you were able to get into Torch and use it for Clue.

Torch was acting up and didn't know if it was just me and my machine?

Good to see you both today. Hope it is a good one.  coffee.gif

I was having trouble with Torch...I kept getting this pop-up telling me my computer was going to be shut down if I didn't call the # that was shown.....after the 3rd time I uninstalled Torch...then installed it again...so far no problems.  Looked the # up and it was somebody in New Castle PA...I'm just old,,,not stupid... dancing16.gif

Joe C

I have been running CLUE all day long on BW. Doing episode 1 over and over again, winning a lot of my Mix badges x25.

Why? Why not!

No issues here on Torch.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

C~M

Quote from: ~Squid~ on February 23, 2017, 06:34:52 AM
This happens pretty much with all the new episodes.  The auto seems to play the older episodes without a problem. 

Anyone know why this is happening?  My research has yielded zilch.  TYVM   magnifier.gif

BW stopped updating All HOG autos so no new levels ever again.

mycatownsme

I can do the first episode for a while and then it will get glitchy  and stop working.
Good news for you Joe to be able to get those done.  tumbsup.gif

I am so glad to have a working computer that I just am happy for what works and the rest I just let go.

I did not know that BW stopped updating all HOG games. I know that I stopped getting them because I have so many other games I rather do. Clue seems to be one that Pogo will use, if I am remembering correctly, to do as a daily challenge and that is why I even go there. Did BW put a notice of this at their site? I am really surprised to hear about it CM.

C~M

NO BW did NOT tell anyone but if you check the HOG pages there you can see that there have NOT been any new added episodes in a very long time. Someone said that the autos were getting too big in size as the reason BW stopped updating them. That is where PB comes in yet again to save the day. They update theirs still.

Squid

Quote from: Crazy~Man on February 23, 2017, 03:56:06 PM
BW stopped updating All HOG autos so no new levels ever again.
Wait... people buy the BW CLUE auto, which came with updates, and now she's not updating the HOG autos?  Wow, between that and her feeble attempts at Tumble Tiles and Match N' Merge, I do believe that woman wants out of the business!

snowflower

girls22.gif
There's times when I'm unable to spend a great amount of time in Hogs or whatever game in Pogo. But when I can, I must admit that P/buddy hasn't let me down yet. Sometimes I've noticed I've had to 'babysit' an auto (but no matter where you get them, that's not uncommon). Truthfully, I've found P/buddy to be #1 in pretty much every way. Always there. Always dependable. So until it falls down and goes BANG, I'll stick with it.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on February 23, 2017, 05:15:01 PM
Wait... people buy the BW CLUE auto, which came with updates, and now she's not updating the HOG autos?  Wow, between that and her feeble attempts at Tumble Tiles and Match N' Merge, I do believe that woman wants out of the business!

Doesn't this sound like Badge Help autos? A few autos not being tended to here and there, then next thing you know he's all over facebook game autos but not updating the Pogo autos, then the next-next thing you know, he's moved out of state and is tweeting nasty messages to Disney Land Lady when she asks him why he's abandoned us (though DLL did ask in that special way she has (that you're never quite sure if you've been insulted or not)) that makes us love her so much.

I would like to think Anabelle (Badgewinners) has more class than to stoop to Oscar's way of handling legitimate questions, but only time will tell. 

As for me, I've been using PlayBuddy for months, maybe even over a year, and I'm very happy with their services.

mycatownsme

Hello my friends at Pogo Cheats.
No I do not agree with you in the link from BW to Badge Help.
BW has not charged me over $700 and then just stop doing a thing at all and leave with not a word.
I do not like to pay the higher price per month of almost $10 to RENT all autos only to use a few each month. PB is a good company and if you can afford their prices and like how they are able to jump on the new releases as fast as they do, then good.
I don't have to have the newest and latest releases done asap. I can wait and my waiting has shown the Solitaire Garden auto release from Badge Winners with the ability to get all the badges and focus on one level to repeat over and over to harvest the happiness badge seeds. A very nice savings. I don't have to pay $10 and rent an auto but own the auto for a lot less.
I don't buy all of the Clue or other HOG game episodes anymore because I don't like that Pogo is charging me a membership fee per year to play games and then they come out with games that I need to purchase gems to get or power ups. And because of my needs, I didn't even realize that updates were not being done with the Clue episodes. Do you think there are more players like me and really don't care? I know there are.
As far as the match and merge and the tiles games autos, I get the badges for the challenges completed with the Badge Winners autos and I don't care about not being able to get every single level done. If you do, do you realize that BW offers a service to do it for you for a lot less money then what Play Buddy costs add up to?
I appreciate that we have a choice. If you like PB good. If you can afford PB and rent then good. If you like to purchase one time for a lot less and own, then good. If you are going to demand every single auto to be in tip top working order, neither PB nor BW can keep up. We all know how Pogo has changed things to where no matter how hard either company tries to keep up, they both run into the inability to keep all autos running due to Pogo crap.
There are advantages to both companies and I think it is good to have a choice.
But to compare one company to Badge Help went too far for me to not say something.
I have been here for a while and am in support of this site and do not want it to become a place where a comment that is way off can be posted without a reply with why that is not accurate.
Yes, there is good for PB to say but also for BW. If some prefer one over the other then good. PB has a list of games that they are working on also. BW has a list for each game with date and what was done to fix it to work again. I don't see that detail at PB. They are different. If you like PB or BW it is a personal preference. And I hope this site will not allow  the attack on one over the other like I have been seen. Especially to say that this woman wants out of the business. Nope, I do not agree. There are many different players with different needs and I think both fit.
We have members here who are on top of the new games as soon as they are released and get them done asap. But there are members like me who are not players like this. I can wait. I don't buy all HOG episodes with gems.
I have seen the same members posting over and over and the loss of many who used to post and do not anymore. I wonder why that is? There is a list of peoples names across the bottom of the page of ones who have been here. Maybe it is for the great information provided by those who do post along with our Mayhem who always has updates on many items. But we need to be sure to keep our standards high in regards to what is said about one company or to compare a company as has been done here.
I do like each and every one of you. I enjoy your posts and  I missed you all when my computer broke and I did not get to read your posts and play and learn.
Let us be more thoughtful about what we say in regards to these 2 companies.
I have no issue in a post to support one or the other but my problem here was as stated above. That just went a bit too far and I don't believe it for a minute.
I have always gotten help when I needed it from BW. I have not asked BW why there are no more updates to Clue. I don't care because I don't buy them anymore. But if I did then I would write and ask. Maybe that is what anyone else should do so a true and accurate post can then be placed here with the reply and those interested can make an informed choice.
I do honestly feel both PB and BW work hard on their business and we each have a different need that leaves room for the both of them. Lets not single one out over the other. Good and Bad can be said about both due to preferences. It's a personal preference so let's be more thoughtful with our words. Let us be an example of the great site that this is and can be proud of each and every post that is made talking about another business or person etc.
Love you all and you know it too. I do believe you will understand too.
embrace.gif

Yoming 2

Kudos to Mycat............very well said and written.  Thank you.  I think I agree with what you said.  I have used BW since 2004 and am very satisfied with the price and the service.....and I am choosy about what autos I will rent and what I will buy  ( but I prefer spending my money and getting the use of the auto without having to spend again and again,,,but if I like one because it works better I will rent that one for the term).... And I don't spend gems on the HOG games--if they are free I play them. 

tumbsup.gif     cheesy.gif     tumbsup.gif

C~M

You have to also think, and know, that a programmer will have to go belly up sooner or later if they charge a one time fee for the autos. They will not have the $$ to support the site, let alone the programmer's paycheck. Also, PB is a sponsor here and thus should be acknowledged for their great service and autos.

Stinkerbell

Time will tell, I guess. I used to think BW rocked - but she's leaving her customers in a lurch with her HOGs. And with no notification on the purchase page that they will not be updated? That's not honest business, if you ask me.

Yes, with PB I'm renting the autos, that's true. But with Pogo coming out with a game every month, and with new HOGs and puzzles like Solitaire Gardens and Mahjong Escape being released monthly, I think they're a bargain.  Plus they have fantastic customer service.

At first I thought PB wasn't a good value. I even talked to a couple people on this forum about them, but after a couple months, I'm hooked. 

C~M

The latest 2 games Pogo updated to HTML5 have not been addressed by BW. I guess she/he isn't going to update those 2 autos for the new games, so there go $20 wasted. He/she did however make 2 new autos for $$ for the 2 new HOGs.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: C~M on March 05, 2018, 05:39:53 PM
The latest 2 games Pogo updated to HTML5 have not been addressed by BW. I guess she/he isn't going to update those 2 autos for the new games, so there go $20 wasted. He/she did however make 2 new autos for $$ for the 2 new HOGs.

I'm disappointed in her. I bought autos that were supposed to be updated regularly and now she's not - just because she doesn't feel like it, I guess.

S1lent

Greetings all,
Still waiting for an auto for World Class Solitaire HD. Either PlayBuddy or BW as long as they work.  BTW...a few weeks ago I was all caught up...after Turbo 21...I need a new challenge.

S1lent

gigi

Cat, I agree with you.  I have never had a problem with any of her autos.  She responds to email within minutes and explains when an auto (Mahjong) will be updated and all she is doing to up date it.  She is also very open about the browsers to use, Chrome and Torch.  I do find when one auto doesn't work on Chrome with will work on torch.  I don't like the idea of only being able to "rent" an auto for a year............... totally turns me off.  Everyone has their preferences and reasons, this is just mine.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview