This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Win 10 Drivers Update

Started by snowflower,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

Can anyone tell me how to know IF WE NEED TO UPDATE our win/10 drivers, please?  panic button.gif

(Almost every site I visit informs me I need to update my drivers, are these just 'money maker' ads)?

Or will Microsoft notify us of this needed update and expect us to know which site to go to and how to pick the proper ones to download?
Possibly the driver updates download along with the regular Microsoft updates?

I will be home until 1 PM tomorrow (I can also check back here when I return). Thanks so much for any help on this issue...

mycatownsme

On this new computer I have, it automatically does the updates.

I wish I could answer your question. I do know that when I go to settings and then update history, I can tell what date and what was added. A the top of that page it does say that I can remove the update. But not sure about finding where your answer would be.

I hope someone here will know so you can get your answer. Hope that will be by the time you return home.  coffee.gif

Squid

Mayhem

I think you may be just seeing "money maker" ads.

Unless you have some specialty device, windows 10 will automatically install all the drivers you need - and windows update will just take care of any updates on it's own.

Could you take a screenshot of what your seeing (update your drivers ad)? Then we can tell you for sure.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Tumbleweed

You can also manually check if your drivers need updated if you are still having issues.

Right click the Windows menu logo
Select 'Device Manager'
Right click the driver it is saying to update
Select 'Update Driver Software'

Your computer will automatically grab the update you need and install it for you or it will tell you you're up to date. Simple and easy. If I notice I am having issues I will often check my drivers, and even though they should have auto-updates, I have found some that were not auto-updated before.

Hopefully this helps!

Squid

Quote from: Tumbleweed on March 23, 2017, 09:10:00 AM
You can also manually check if your drivers need updated if you are still having issues.

Right click the Windows menu logo
Select 'Device Manager'
Right click the driver it is saying to update
Select 'Update Driver Software'

Your computer will automatically grab the update you need and install it for you or it will tell you you're up to date. Simple and easy. If I notice I am having issues I will often check my drivers, and even though they should have auto-updates, I have found some that were not auto-updated before.

Hopefully this helps!
Very helpful!  TYVM

snowflower

dancing16.gif
I'm back and thanks so much for all the advice!! Mayhem I think you're right about 'money maker' ads and that's the reason why I didn't click on any of them. I don't have many issues other than there are some videos on Facebook that won't run. Could be because I'm running Edge browser, maybe?

But it's also good to know how to update them if necessary and thanks so much for that info Tumbleweed ... I never could figure out how to do this so I'm taking note and going in to have a look.

Have you ever been a member of a greater site than this one!! Thank you, thank you everyone!  cheesy.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: snowflower on March 24, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
I don't have many issues other than there are some videos on Facebook that won't run.

Just ran in to this issue for the first time today.

I believe it's a Facebook problem though. When you click on the play button, it appears it's not connecting to their server to load the video.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on March 24, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
Just ran in to this issue for the first time today.

I believe it's a Facebook problem though. When you click on the play button, it appears it's not connecting to their server to load the video.

Yes Mayhem, I think you are right about that ... it just started lately and a couple of posts down this 'update drivers' ad came up. This ad can pop up on many sites. But I think what got my attention was the video not playing and then the ad right afterward that I made the decision to come to the TOP SITE and ask about drivers - if, how and when they should be updated. Thanks so much for your reply and all the rest of the top of the line gang in here who took the time to try and help. Very much appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview