This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jungle Gin : New Game of The Month for April

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Jungle Gin is the new game of the month for April. It will have 10 new ranks, a new rank badge and other game of the month surprises.

The new ranks and badge will be added on April 1st.

http://www.pogo.com/games/gin

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

catfancie

Glad to see they finally chose a decent game.  Its needed new ranks for quite a while.

Squid

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED TO SEE THIS AS THE NEW GAME OF THE MONTH!  This game continually freezes up, requiring reloading of the page, etc.  This is going to be torture unless Pogo did something to fix this horror.

S1lent

Greetings Squid and others,
I had the same problem about a month ago.  Not sure what happened...but POGO fixed it.  I tried to double browse...no luck.  But, Good news with two computers no glitches. I would set one up for dummy.  When it comes up again, I'll let all know what browsers worked.  I used the autos from another site.

All for now
S1lent

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on March 25, 2017, 03:51:12 AM
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED TO SEE THIS AS THE NEW GAME OF THE MONTH!  This game continually freezes up, requiring reloading of the page, etc.  This is going to be torture unless Pogo did something to fix this horror.

^^^^What she yelled ^^^^

Squid

Quote from: s1lentscream on March 25, 2017, 07:30:05 AM
Greetings Squid and others,
I had the same problem about a month ago.  Not sure what happened...but POGO fixed it.  I tried to double browse...no luck.  But, Good news with two computers no glitches. I would set one up for dummy.  When it comes up again, I'll let all know what browsers worked.  I used the autos from another site.
All for now
S1lent

I'll be eager to hear whatever pearls of wisdom you may have, S1lent, thank you. 

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on March 25, 2017, 03:51:12 AM

Wasn't this one of the games that was originally java - then converted to flash? I thought that was supposed to solve these issues.

mycatownsme

I hope Pogo did fix this game. I used to like to play it all the time.
I have been feeling pretty happy to get my new computer and back to playing.
Now I hope Pogo fixed it so it won't require 2 different computers to work this out.
At least it's not a challenge and all I will be out is the free thing they will give.
I've been learning to live without a lot of the free things or badges you need to spend gems to be able to get etc. This one will just be one I can pass on also.
Thanks for the info.  elf2.gif

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 25, 2017, 12:38:44 PM
Wasn't this one of the games that was originally java - then converted to flash? I thought that was supposed to solve these issues.
The last time I played (1-2 weeks ago), it depended on who won the game.  I can't remember if when I won the game it froze or when my opponent (pogo bot) won it froze... but it was still happening.  If you double browse or play on two puters, the other player can hold open the room while the frozen player refreshes the page.  That way, you can keep your score and not have to start over.  It's all a royal pain in the rump.  If a change took place in the last two weeks and all is operating well, I've just wasted 30 seconds of your life - sorry.

Mayhem

I'm not aware of any recent changes - it's just weird those issues didn't go away once it was updated to flash.

S1lent

Greetings and good morning to all,
Ran a little test while I went to get the morning paper (don't get it delivered anymore...tired of retrieving it from the roof...my paper person has a strong arm).  Two different computers both using Chrome and Windows 10...ran great...granted it was just for 20 minutes.

Hope it will run for hours to complete this challenge.
S1lent

Squid

Quote from: s1lentscream on March 26, 2017, 07:05:35 AM
Greetings and good morning to all,
Ran a little test while I went to get the morning paper (don't get it delivered anymore...tired of retrieving it from the roof...my paper person has a strong arm).  Two different computers both using Chrome and Windows 10...ran great...granted it was just for 20 minutes.

Hope it will run for hours to complete this challenge.
S1lent
I find this encouraging!  Hope it holds true for everyone! <3

Mayhem

I didn't see any issues playing it manually for about 30 minutes last night.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 26, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
I didn't see any issues playing it manually for about 30 minutes last night.

Ok, that's it!  I see it as a HUGE Pogo conspiracy aimed at making me go nuts!  I must be getting paranoid.  What browser are you using, Mayhem?  Are you double browsing?  Just playing the pogo bot?

Mayhem

I was just playing against the bots in Edge. If you wish, I can test it in Chrome and/or Firefox.

Squid

Ok, I'm goin' in!

Update:  I just played a 500 pt. match.  I won some hands, lost some hands, won the match.  No freezing.  I was using Chrome.  This is good news.   tumbsup.gif

catfancie

I completed a badge in Gin last week sometime and had no problems at all playing against the bots.

LittleFawn

I have never really had any problems with this game except for the occasional freeze.

mycatownsme

Stinkerbell

I went in this morning, played the bot, won the first hand and it froze.  crying10.gif

ETA - I loaded the game and played again, won the hand and froze again.

I had activated badges before trying this. Those who played and had no problems, did you have badges activated? If not would you be willing to try again after activating?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview