This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Phlinx II : Tips & Tricks

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Update - going live on 9/1/17.  The following update (in red) was posted by Pogo, perhaps obviating this entire thread.  I am going to leave the original information of the thread (not red) intact until we've had a chance to play through the game and get our bearings.

Coming Soon – Phlinx II Updates!

Hi, Pogo Players!

I have some really awesome news for you all! Coming September 1st, and based upon player feedback for Phlinx II, the Pogo team came together and decided to make the following changes to the game:

- No more being forced to go back! You read that correctly; you will not be sent back if you lose a game. However, please note that you will still be playing for the same amount of glyphs to advance to the next shrine.
- No more score requirement and no "lives".
- New, updated art to make the progress along your path more clear to you as you go along.
- When you purchase the Chamber of the Past, you will immediately go to Celestial. You'll no longer have to pick up where you last left off and have to earn your way to Celestial; now, you'll go straight to Celestial upon purchase of any Chamber of the Past.

These changes to Phlinx II will go live September 1st; we hope you enjoy them. We love and appreciate having you here as a part of Pogo!

Cheers,
Pogo_ Llama

Original thread information:

This game can seem a bit complicated in getting from point A to point B.  It seems we may all benefit from posting our experiences and discoveries so those who come after us might not have such a difficult time of it.  I will start the ball rolling but I encourage everyone to post anything they might think as valuable to the discussion.  I'll start off with some obvious things and add more in time...

1.  The key to getting anywhere is stockpiling.  You start off the game in the Common Phlinx (CPx) where you can get 4 glyphs (symbols).  Upon successfully getting the 4 glyphs, you will have added one game (or life, as I like to call them) to the next level of Noble Phlinx (NPx).  You can play that life in Noble or continue stockpiling in CPx.  I suggest players stockpile in CPx until you get at least 8 games/lives in NPx but as many as 10.

*added 8/30/17 - Now that I've had several months to play this game, I don't suggest stockpiling too much on any one level because you tend to lose what you've stockpiled after succeeding on that level.  I think my new suggestion is to play upper levels when you are unlocked and able.  You can always go back to stockpile more.  Maybe this point is a personal preference sort of thing...

2.  Now that you've stockpiled lives in NPx, start playing there until you've attained all 8 glyphs on that level.  When you successfully get those glyphs, you've earned a game/life in the next level, Royal Phlinx (RPx).  You can play that game in RPx or continue stockpiling.  I suggest players continue stockpiling until you have two games/lives in RPx.

3.  To continue the stockpiling at this point, you have to go back to CPx and start the process over.  Get the CPx glyphs, get the NPx glyphs and get the second life for RPx.

4.  When you bounce back and forth between the different Phlinx worlds, you will not lose games/lives in the other levels.  You lose lives when you fail to make the objective in the meter (see #5) and/or fail to release the glyph from the chest.

5.  In NPx, you will see a circular meter in the upper left corner that marks your progress toward a 5000 point victory.  If you fill that meter successfully, you will not lose a game/life, as long as you get the glyph in that level.

6.  In NPx, if you fail to fill the 5000 point meter but successfully get the glyph, you will lose a life but still make progress toward getting the game/life for RPx.  I have begun disregarding the meter because it is tough to fill most times and I can always go back to CPx and continue stockpiling.

7.  This is rather important:  If you stockpile lives in RPx and open up one of the four temples, any lives you have stockpiled after successfully reaching the temple will be lost.  Example:  If you enter RPx with 3 games/lives and only need two of those lives to successfully get all four glyphs in RPx, the third life you have will be lost and the RPx level locks again until you've worked the whole system again.  It is my suggestion that you don't waste your time and efforts by stockpiling too many lives in RPx.  I go in with two lives and if I need more, I just start stockpiling again.

I'll be back...

I hope others post some of their observations....     tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

I just completed my first of four Royal Temples. It helped me to use the option to swap out a ball for one of a different color.

Squid

You are most welcome.  I hope it's a useful thread. :-D

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 07, 2017, 11:15:30 AM
I just completed my first of four Royal Temples. It helped me to use the option to swap out a ball for one of a different color.

Excellent point!  I frequently forget about that option.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Yoming 2

tumbsup.gif      cheesy.gif     

Thanx for all the good info.....I'm sure it will help those who like this game....as for me I am not playing it for awhile---too frustrating.   crying10.gif       

Stinkerbell

Got my 3/3 glyphs in Celestial.  I hate to admit it, but now that I know how to play I'm enjoying the challenge.

Question: When I enter Celestial it says there are 23 Days left to play, etc... is it going to lock on us? Is that how much time we have to get the glyphs?  Or is it permanently unlocked?

Squid

I think it will lock for next month's challenge.  For this month, it remains open.

edited to include Pogo's blog comments: 

"When you progress through all of Royal Phlinx, you'll permanently unlock Celestial Phlinx for the month. (At the beginning of the next month you will have do it all over again. Celestial Phlinx is only open for the remainder of the calendar month once you unlock it). Celestial Phlinx changes over to the next one on the actual calendar month, not 30 days from the day you unlock celestial. So every 1st of the month, a new Celestial will be available."

http://news.pogo.com/blog-post-22-may-2-2017/

Squid

The Pogo Insider has an algorithm for those who wonder about the progression.  I tried to post the picture here but it's too big and doing it in pieces proved to be challenging.  Here's the link (scroll down a bit):

http://news.pogo.com/blog-post-24-may-16-2017/?intcmp=pi_pencil

Mayhem

I was able to get the image uploaded on Postimg.org

Click on image for larger version
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2017, 04:51:22 PM

Question: When I enter Celestial it says there are 23 Days left to play, etc... is it going to lock on us? Is that how much time we have to get the glyphs? 

Now that we've played a second month, I see the glyphs don't change and we have another chance to fill in those glyph spots that were not filled last month.  I now have all the common and noble glyphs.  I am still missing about 1/2 dozen royal glyphs but will probably get those in future months.  I'm not worried about it. 

I hope they have a Tutankhamen sale.  I want that one now, too.

mtndewlover342

I just wanted to thank Squid and everyone else who contributed to this thread.  I used the tips here and won August's Phlinx 2 badges (regular and diamond).  I then went back and bought through Chambers of the Past the other ones I didn't have and have won all of them including diamond.  Without this thread I would not have even attempted to do it.  Thank you very much  cheesy.gif  nascar4.gif
~Mtndewlover~

Squid

You are MOST welcome!  If you happen to come across any tips when playing, add it here and we'll be sure to include it.  We're so glad the info was of help.   tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

There's a glitch in the current (Thutmose) level that is not giving credit for progress towards diamond. A few people on the Pogo forum are talking about it, and I made zero progress even though I unlocked him and the game played all night.

Squid

I could spit nails right now.  I got the first badge for this month by making it to Celestial.  I was on my way to gold in Celestial with over 15 glyphs in each of the three when all progress was lost.  I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO REPEAT ALL THOSE LEVELS.  I'll give Pogo a chance but I have a feeling I'm not going to like the resolution.

Stinkerbell

Someone posted on the Pogo Forum: 

I found out today that Pogo Customer Service is closing these case reports and marking them as "resolved" without explanation. I tried to get my case reopened and escalated, but I really have no faith at this point that Pogo will do anything to resolve it.

Oh...AND, they tried to offer me 5,000 tokens as a resolution. Sheesh!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview