This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by LittleFawn,

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleFawn

I need suggestions on an issue. Since this past weekend I cannot connect to badgewinners website and cannot use any of the autos. It is the only website that I use that I cannot get too. I have tried several browsers and they timeout every time. I contacted badgewinners and she says she has never heard of the issue I am having. I tried internet explorer and it gives me this error:
The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possible due to firewall or security policy settings or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.
If anyone can offer a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. I am using wifi from a hotel I have been staying at for awhile and nothing has changed. I can go everywhere but this website.
Found this under details if this helps:
There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
Tried to flush it and it did not work. Still cannot get to webpage.

mycatownsme

I hope you get a reply from someone here who can help.
I have had no trouble at all getting to the sight today.
I wish I could help you but I'm not good at all when it comes to computer fixes.

I hope someone will come by soon and help you out.
Geeez, especially on badge day too.    sad.gif

LittleFawn

I really do not know if anyone will know an answer. It has something to do with the wifi I am using. Something changed to where I cannot access there website. I will have to wait this one out to see if it corrects itself. Cannot find a solution and have tried various things to fix it and nothing works.

Mayhem

Check to make sure you have all the latest Windows updates. Also, have you tried different web browsers?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

Apparently the last Windows update could of messed things up and I have the lastest updates installed. I did try multiple browsers with no luck. Will just have to try and wait this out or get a work around. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it so much.

snowflower

Squid

Try CM's link, it might help.  If not, you can do a system restore to the day before the problem started.

LittleFawn

Did a system restore did not work. Just going to wait it out. Nothing seems to work. Thank you all for the help. Just one of those things I cannot fix at the moment.

LittleFawn

It is working for now. I do not know for how long but thank you all for the help it was greatly appreciated.

Squid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview