This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sneak Peek & Coming Soon

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Here is a sneak peek at the new Clue: Secrets & Spies badge called "Going Deep" and it will be available very soon.

Also, Pogo is considering recent suggestions for:

- the chat to be on the side of the game, not below the game as it is in the new HTML 5 games.
- using the badge icon in chat rather than a Mini.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Ooooo, I love it.  Nice badge.  SCUBA divers rock.

Mayhem

Yeah, Pogo seems to be coming out with some great looking badges lately.

MsMissy

Mayhem

Pogo will be releasing World Class Solitaire HTML 5 in the next couple of months.

QuoteComing Soon: World Class Solitaire HTML 5!

Hello Pogo Community,

I have wonderful news for you! The Pogo Team has been working hard to upgrade another game for you. In the next few months, World Class Solitaire HTML 5 will be up and available for Club Members to play! While we do not yet have a release date, we did want to let you know ahead of time so you can prepare.

Here's what you can expect:

- The Flash version of World Class Solitaire will be upgraded to the NEW World Class Solitaire HTML 5 game within the coming months.
- The game will have the same URL, but you'll need to re-save the upgraded game to your Favorites List.
- All unfinished, activated Badges from the Flash version of World Class Solitaire will be auto-awarded to your account on a date yet to be determined.
- All Badges purchased (both activated and not activated) for the Flash World Class Solitaire will be auto-awarded to your account on another date yet to be determined.

Unfinished Rank Badges will not be transferred over. Because this is a new version of the game, it will come with its own Rank Badges. All finished Rank Badges will be yours to keep in your Badge Collection, too.

Squid

Thanks for the heads up!   Suggestion to all those who have not ranked out in WCS:  rank out in it if you want rank badges.  When the new H-5 version comes along, there will be another set of rank badges, and the old ones won't be available.

catfancie

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on January 12, 2018, 12:59:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up!   Suggestion to all those who have not ranked out in WCS:  rank out in it if you want rank badges.  When the new H-5 version comes along, there will be another set of rank badges, and the old ones won't be available.

Yes, now is the time to rank out. We have a couple of months, so there is plenty of time.

Mayhem

New "January Freeze" mini items will be added to the mini mall this Thursday, January 18th.

Coming soon :

- First badge marathon for 2018 starts this Friday, January 19th in Pogo Sudoku, Aces Up HD, Jewel Academy and Jet Set Solitaire.
- Pogo is looking into compensation for the power-ups players used in Monday's Mahjong Escape daily challenge.
- Jewel Academy is getting 40 new levels at the end of January, Cookie Connect is getting 40 new levels in February.
- World Class Solitaire and Crossword Cove will be converted to HTML5.
- New HOG game called "Vanishing Trail".
- New word game called "A Way with Words".

Squid

Some cute stuff.  Once converted to H-5, new rank badges come, right?  Another HOG?  okkkkkk
I like word games; I wonder what AWWW will be about...

Mayhem

Here is more information on the badge marathon that starts this Friday.

QuoteComing Friday: New Badge Marathon

Club Pogo Members, a new Badge Marathon is almost here. This Friday, we'll be gifting you eight badges for four of Pogo's newest games.

You'll have until Thursday, January 25 at 11:59 pm PT to complete all eight to win a bonus Badge. Even if you don't complete them before then, you'll still have eight new Challenges and Badges to enjoy.

See you on the starting line!

Squid

Mayhem

Here is a sneak peek at the new Scrapbook badge called "Hop Around Kid" for First Class Solitaire.

QuoteFor our second Scrapbook Badge, our main character is a little older. She's playing Double Dutch with her friends on a summer's day. We tried to inject some Norman Rockwell into the art by using some white space to highlight the characters. It gives the badge a nice classic look.

Game Updates :

Jewel Academy : 40 new levels end of January
Cookie Connect : 40 new levels in February
Jet Set Solitaire : New levels being planned but not yet started

World Class Solitaire : New HTML 5 game February
Turbo 21 : New HTML 5 game coming soon
Crossword Cove : Just starting to think about the transfer of it from Flash to H5. No date or other information at this time.
Poppit! Party : No Update

Vanishing Trail :  New HOG coming soon
Grub Crawl : New HOG coming soon
A Way with Words – New game coming soon

Solitaire Gardens : New content released 15th of each month
Mahjong Escape : New content released 1st of each month

Squid

Mayhem

Yeah, they are really stepping up their game. It also looks like a lot of stuff is coming up soon!

Mayhem

Also in their latest blog post, they addressed why it's not possible to transfer ranks and badges from Java & Flash to HTML 5.

QuoteQ. Why can we not keep ranks and badges when transferring over games from Java and Flash to HTML 5

A. Many of you have expressed concern over ranks not transferring over to the new H5 version of the games. Thank you for asking and I hope to help answer for you. The reasons the ranks are unable to transfer over is because it's technically not possible. To get a little technical here, the backend code of the Flash and Java games are the same, but when moving over to HTML 5, that code is very different. But, this also means you get to start over with the new version of the game and work the new ranks. It's a new game with new beginnings which includes new rank badges.

As for the badges, we're investigating options with the new technology. I will keep you posted with any developments that we might have.

Squid

Ok.  I would get ticked off if the old badges were lost but they are still part of the total count.

smokyrain

Thank you. This is great that all the new stuff coming... I better get busy on some of those games to rank out. :)

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on January 24, 2018, 03:38:03 AM
Ok.  I would get ticked off if the old badges were lost but they are still part of the total count.

Yeah, I believe the old badges will still be there and count towards your total.

Mayhem

Pogo will be releasing Turbo 21 HTML 5 in the next couple of months.

QuoteComing Soon: Turbo 21 HTML 5!

Hello Pogo Community,

I have an update for you! The Pogo Team has been working hard to upgrade another game for you. In the next few months, Turbo 21 HTML 5 will be up and available for all to play! While we do not yet have a release date, we did want to let you know ahead of time so you can prepare.

Here's what you can expect:
- The Java version of Turbo 21 will be upgraded to the NEW Turbo 21 HTML 5 game within the coming months.
- The game will have the same URL, but you'll need to re-save the upgraded game to your Favorites List.
- All unfinished, activated Badges from the Java version of Turbo 21 will be auto-awarded to your account on a date yet to be determined.
- All Badges purchased (both activated and not activated) for the Java Turbo 21 will be auto-awarded to your account on another date yet to be determined.
- Unfinished Rank Badges will not be transferred over. Because this is a new version of the game, it will come with its own Rank Badges. All finished Rank Badges will be yours to keep in your Badge Collection, too.

I will keep you posted on when Turbo 21 HTML 5 will be released and when we have more information about the Badge awarding! Thank you for your patience.