Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sneak Peek & Coming Soon

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on February 20, 2021, 12:52:19 AM
The Pogo forum has 7 pages (and counting) of complaints for that event.
I'm sure they have a way of monitoring how many people complete the event.  That will be an indicator for them as well.

Mayhem

True, and since it requires power-ups just to complete level 1 (with no guarantee either) I won't be doing this event.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

I used to be painfully obsessed with completing every challenge and having every badge and accumulating a bjillion tokens. True confession, here: I used to have a spreadsheet of all the games and would keep track of my rank. I kept my laptop by my bed so that if I woke up in the night I could check ranking out progress and restart a game if the auto had stopped running. I had high anxiety about leaving the house with an auto running - what if it stopped??? How much time would be wasted if it did stop and I wasn't there to restart it???? Thankfully those days are over.  Not sure what happened, but now Pogo is no longer an obsession. It's  a hobby. Something to do when I just want to relax and enjoy myself.

I tried to complete that first level MANY times and failed. It stopped being fun, so I stopped playing. And I'm good with not getting that badge. Feeding my family or paying the bills do not depend on whether or not I complete pogo challenges... so when they're no longer fun, I'll step back.

Squid

I truly wonder why Pogo makes these decisions that frequently turn away loyal players/customers.

snowflower

Stinky I stepped away a year ago. Pogo Forum didn't seem to care so I never went back. I now ignore anything that is almost impossible to win or have to buy power ups or must buy another challenge to win. I know exactly what stinky is going through because I used to do these same things - when it was FUN. When it didn't take away from other expenses, when I didn't feel I had to run my computer all night .. when .. when.. etc. It's very time consuming, expensive and mind bendingly hard now. When my subscription runs out, I will not be renewing and I know for a fact I'm not alone in this.  Pogo has lost it's FUN value and that's what made it work so well for so many, including me. The bottom line is - EA Sports will be the losers and by then I wonder how many players that are left will even care?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: snowflower on February 21, 2021, 09:54:53 AM
The bottom line is - EA Sports will be the losers and by then I wonder how many players that are left will even care?

I agree. I'm glad to know that I'm in good company.  embrace.gif

Mayhem

It'll be interesting to see if any adjustments are made to the next event because of all the complaints.

Mayhem

Speaking of events ... the next one starts tomorrow, February 23rd along with a bunch of other stuff.

- Mahjong Sanctuary : Sir Barnaby's Year of the Ox, a new in-game event is coming on February 23rd
- Cross Country Adventure : 12 brand-new episodes will be available February 23rd
- A Way With Words : New content will be available February 23rd
- Cookie Connect : Look for new levels (721 – 740) and badges on February 23rd

Squid

I hope this in-game event is more humane!

snowflower

LittleFawn

My philosophy on this is that if you do not want to do it do not do it. Pogo is going to continue these challenges. Some are going to be harder then others. If you do not like the direction Pogo is taking then do not play there.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on February 22, 2021, 10:47:28 AM
My philosophy on this is that if you do not want to do it do not do it. Pogo is going to continue these challenges. Some are going to be harder then others. If you do not like the direction Pogo is taking then do not play there.

Amen!

But that doesn't mean we cannot lament the loss of something we used to enjoy.

snowflower

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 22, 2021, 10:56:41 AM
Amen!

But that doesn't mean we cannot lament the loss of something we used to enjoy.
Amen to that Stinky!

Squid

Mayhem

Just a reminder that these will be available later today!

- Mahjong Sanctuary : Sir Barnaby's Year of the Ox, a new in-game event
- Cross Country Adventure : 12 brand-new episodes
- A Way With Words : New content
- Cookie Connect : Look for new levels (721 – 740) and badges

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on February 23, 2021, 12:55:20 AM
Just a reminder that these will be available later today!

- Mahjong Sanctuary : Sir Barnaby's Year of the Ox, a new in-game event

Some tough levels.  I'm stuck on 6

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on February 23, 2021, 07:13:57 AM
  Some tough levels.  I'm stuck on 6

Ok, I'm happy to hear they are at least winnable.

Squid

Level 7 was easy but it took almost 10 power ups to get 6 done

Mayhem