This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Possible Issues with Upcoming Java 9 Release

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo has announced that there could be some issues with the upcoming Java 9 release.

QuoteDear Pogo Community,

Java 9 is on track to be released within the next few months. We've heard that it may introduce serious compatibility issues with our older Java-based games, and may render them inaccessible.

Please know the Pogo team is currently investigating the situation. We will keep you posted with more information as it becomes available. Any disruptions would be for Java-based games only, and would not impact Flash and HTML5 powered games.

Thanks for your understanding.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Thanks.  Maybe I'll update my Java now and refrain from the java 9 update until there's a fix.  It would be great if those older java games were more a part of Pogo life (challenges, badges, etc.)

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on September 28, 2017, 03:23:25 PM
Thanks.  Maybe I'll update my Java now and refrain from the java 9 update until there's a fix.  It would be great if those older java games were more a part of Pogo life (challenges, badges, etc.)

Hopefully once they are converted to the new html 5 format, they will be!  tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on September 29, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Hopefully once they are converted to the new html 5 format, they will be!  tumbsup.gif
Crossing my fingers!

mycatownsme

Updated my Java now. That sounded like a good idea.
Yep, keeping my paws crossed too.  cat64.gif