Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Oh, no!

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on November 29, 2017, 04:32:23 PM
Another crash.  Called Dell.  Laptop being shipped to Dell - they've done everything they can remotely.

yuck.

What's the turn-around time on that?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

It depends on the current work load, they told me.  It might take up to two+ weeks to have my laptop back in my hands.  I have another computer so I won't be cut off but parting with devices makes me mildly nervous.  I have to clear all private/personal/proprietary info off the device first and still I get nervous.  The crashes are coming more frequently, I'm having a problem with the Windows Defender firewall and there are times when the fan sounds "odd".  It's the best thing to have this machine spruced up while I still have a warranty. 

Mayhem

That's too bad, I was really hoping for your sake it was a simple software issue. You're right though, get it checked out while it's still under warranty.

Squid

Just crashed again.... two in 24 hours.  Yep, this baby's goin' in the shop!

Squid

Laptop is on its way back to me.  According to the Repair Status page, the entire hard drive was defective and needed to be replaced.  I'll see if any accompanying paperwork says anything different.

mycatownsme

Good thing they found the problem and now getting it back to you.
I hope you get it very soon and it works perfectly fine.  xmas6.gif Xmas Tree

Squid

Dang, just got back from work and FedEx was here, left a note, they need a signature.

Mayhem

I have the exact opposite issue with FedEx ... my package was supposed to be here yesterday, and now it shows :

Scheduled delivery: Pending

No date, time or anything. I also paid for 2 day shipping .. and we're on day #4 now.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on December 14, 2017, 01:10:13 PM
I have the exact opposite issue with FedEx ... my package was supposed to be here yesterday, and now it shows :

Scheduled delivery: Pending

No date, time or anything. I also paid for 2 day shipping .. and we're on day #4 now.
That stinks!  I would contact them and get the shipping charges refunded.  Hope it arrives tomorrow for you, Mayhem.

Mayhem

Finally .... a little late though.

9:59 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Squid

Wow, they really fell behind, didn't they?

My dell crashed again.  I've contacted Dell who says they will contact me by tomorrow.  OY!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on December 18, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
My dell crashed again.  I've contacted Dell who says they will contact me by tomorrow.  OY!

Oh, no!!!!!!!!!! They need to send you a new laptop. That's horrible!!!!!!!!!

LittleFawn

Squid

catfancie

Dell usually has deaf ears, from what I can tell from past experiences.   sad.gif

C~M

Quote from: ~Squid~ on December 18, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
Wow, they really fell behind, didn't they?

Dell sucks, get your💰 back.

Squid

Quote from: C~M on December 19, 2017, 01:48:50 AM
Dell sucks, get your💰 back.
You're quick to chime in that Dell sucks, CM, but where were you 1 year ago when I was asking for advice and showing device comparisons here on the forum?  You might have contributed something productive at that time.  Thanks.

S1lent

Greetings,
Well some good news in this...I'm not going to buy a DELL laptop.  My 2-year old Dell Desktop seems to be working great.

Thanks for sharing your story with us...Make us all more informed.
Ken #2

gigi

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview