Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Oh, no!

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

Stinkerbell

For years - over a decade, I swore by Dell and would only purchase Dell. Then I had a CS issue so the next laptop I got was a Toshiba and I loved it. When I needed a new, more powerful laptop, I researched HP and Dell. Given the problems I've had with the HP Desktop I have and their less than serving CS, and given their's and Best Buy's mediocre warranty, I decided to go with Dell again. They have a far better warranty than anyone else and with their extended coverage I get on site repairs.

What SUCKS is that NO computers last forever. Many only a couple years. What SUCKS is that to have a computer last more than 5 years, you need extended coverage. What does NOT suck is that every extended warranty I've purchased has been paid for by whatever sale price I purchased the item for, and has paid for itself again, many times over, by the use I get out of it.

Anyone who tells you HP sucks, or Dell sucks, or Toshiba sucks.... they're only speaking from their experience and YOUR experience may be much better.

I'm interested to find out what Dell tells you, Inkster.

C~M

Quote from: ~Squid~ on December 19, 2017, 05:39:40 AM
You're quick to chime in that Dell sucks, CM, but where were you 1 year ago when I was asking for advice and showing device comparisons here on the forum?  You might have contributed something productive at that time.  Thanks.

THis is why I never post anymore.

Squid

snap20

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 19, 2017, 09:55:10 AM

Anyone who tells you HP sucks, or Dell sucks, or Toshiba sucks.... they're only speaking from their experience and YOUR experience may be much better.

Yep. I had a Dell tower that lasted me over 10 years. Yes, 10 years. Only upgraded the drives, vid and sound card and that's about it. The motherboard, chip, RAM, power supply, etc lasted that whole time with zero issues. It still works, was just too slow and the RAM was too expensive to upgrade. Now? I'd never buy a Dell again. After recommending them to my sister and parents, they have gotten duds. Just terrible quality now and horrible CS.

I've had good luck, so far, with my Lenovo and will stick with that brand...or ASUS going forward. HP is dead to me. Sony is too expensive. But those are all my experiences...which many people swear by HP and love them. So, yeah.

Squid

Just got the laptop back again.  Wish me luck!  New hard drive, new mother board, reinstall of OS and they threw in a candy-apple-red Lamborghini to boot!  Vrooom is my middle name. 

snap20

Quote from: ~Squid~ on January 15, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
a candy-apple-red Lamborghini to boot!  Vrooom is my middle name.

Come pick me up!  nascar4.gif

Squid

smokyrain

Quote from: ~Squid~ on January 15, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
Just got the laptop back again.  Wish me luck!  New hard drive, new mother board, reinstall of OS and they threw in a candy-apple-red Lamborghini to boot!  Vrooom is my middle name. 

Good luck   tumbsup.gif  Hope all goes well and enjoy!!!!

Have fun in the Lamborghini as well lol

S1lent

Greetings,
Computers, cars and yes girl friends...If you had good luck with them you stick with them.  If not you drop them like a "Chinese Chicken".

Don't know where I heard that quote...maybe after some cheap Boxed wine.

S1lent

Squid

UPDATE:  After multiple trips back to Dell to fix the issues, the computer has failed completely and they can't get it to reinstall the OS.  "This PC cannot be reset"

Dell has agreed to replace the computer, which is in process right now.  Because of all the problems and the protracted length of time, they are upgrading the specs on the laptop - but it is the same model, just newer.

Mayhem

Glad to hear your getting a new laptop! Dell should have done this weeks ago ...
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview