This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Monopoly Classic : New Game of The Month for January

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Mayhem

Your rank is shown just above the "Trade" button on the bottom-right side of the game screen.

Squid

I don't know if it will help but, yes, the game plays forever.... so, when I passed by the computer, I stopped the auto and built up monopolies I had which I hope will bankrupt my opponent, ending the game.   Worth a shot.

ETA:  LOL, maybe not such a good idea since rank occurs with rent collections.  Keep the game going longer for more rents?

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Ken!

Congrats, CM!

I read something on BW site about having to 'commit suicide' in order to collect your badges. Anyone know anything about that? You have to lose the game, obviously, but how?

S1lent

Greetings all you PogoCheats and Happy New Year,
Buy playing manually and with the right settings you can rank out in a few hours.  Get control of the board and then give your Robot almost all of your money.  Let your auto play. 

Good luck all

S1lent

Stinkerbell

Quote from: s1lentscream on January 02, 2018, 07:10:03 PM
Greetings all you PogoCheats and Happy New Year,
Buy playing manually and with the right settings you can rank out in a few hours.  Get control of the board and then give your Robot almost all of your money.  Let your auto play. 

Good luck all

S1lent

I am not getting credit for rents received.

smokyrain

Congrats CM ...

Good tips S1lentscream...

Once you think you have achieved your challenge's requirements (or simply want to check on your progress), just make a whopper of a trade to the computer opponent and leave yourself ready to die so the game is officially over. Click the Trade button and select all of your property (mortgaged or not) on the left panel, as well as holding down the mouse button on that ^ up arrow until all of your cash is offered. On the bot's right panel, just select one of his crappy properties. Such an awesome deal is accepted every time, which leaves you with ZERO cash and one piece of crap property. The game will be over very quickly and all credit should be awarded immediately.

I have been a pogo member since 2000, and I think I am rank 1 in this game lol. I have a long way to go sigh......

But I seen a good tip for the hotel build... Buy the cheap purple property, mortgage everything but that so you have lots of cash. Then once you have both hotels, sell just one hotel and rebuild until you have reached the challenge. Keep count of the hotels you build and hopefully have enough money for it.

Mayhem

Squid

I won rank 30 and got the badge in 2011.  In the game itself, it shows me as rank 16.  What's going on?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on January 03, 2018, 04:27:03 AM
I won rank 30 and got the badge in 2011.  In the game itself, it shows me as rank 16.  What's going on?

Good question. How Silent and CM managed to rank out is beyond reasoning, given that the ranks start over.

Silent said "with the right settings..." but didn't mention what those settings are. As far as I can tell, you can't choose settings in Monopoly Classic, though he did say "playing manually".

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 03, 2018, 08:57:13 AM
Good question. How Silent and CM managed to rank out is beyond reasoning, given that the ranks start over.

Silent said "with the right settings..." but didn't mention what those settings are. As far as I can tell, you can't choose settings in Monopoly Classic, though he did say "playing manually".
Ok...  I jumped in rank while out today.  I think I will be ranked out in one more game.  The pop up that occurs at the end of the game says I am rank 39.  The rank picture within the game says I am rank 30 and I am going to ignore that rank and picture.  I can't be sure but I think that rank picture blipped for a split second and I saw rank 39.  Can swear to that, however.   At some point while out today, all progress stopped for me and the game just stood there.  It's back playing now.  This morning I played some by hand to build up lots of hotels, break them down and build them up again.  Those challenges/badges were easily won.   

Jumping into the shower now and hope to be ranked out by the time I'm toweling off!  xoxox

ETA:  Got to rank 40 and got the badge.  This really wasn't hard.  Smoky's instructions and S1lent's contribution are recommended. 

hi11.gif

smokyrain

Congrats Squid :)

I forgot to set my auto this morning, but am done dinner now, so am going to set it right after this post. Hope it goes fast for me too

Stinkerbell

There's an update to PlayBuddy's Monopoly Buddy which addresses a bug in which the auto would try to initiate a trade.

Squid

30/30?   I have no explanation for that.  Does the pop up at the end of the game say 30 or 40?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview