This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Window Resizing

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

So, when I'm playing a game on my new laptop, sometimes, for some reason, when I click and drag, for example in Match and Merge, the browser window will resize, like I'm intentionally trying to drag it and make it bigger. Is there a setting that I can use to lock the size or disable the click and drag to resize?

Windows 10.

Mayhem

I don't think that's possible. Does the window resize for you if you click-drag it by the title bar?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I have not encountered this.  I have no info for you, dumpling.   

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on December 28, 2017, 05:39:07 PM
I don't think that's possible. Does the window resize for you if you click-drag it by the title bar?

No. It just happens right in the middle of playing a game. So frustrating.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on December 28, 2017, 05:39:28 PM
I have not encountered this.  I have no info for you, dumpling.

Thanks anyway, liverschnoodle.

Mayhem

Have you tried using a different web browser to see if the issue still happens?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on December 29, 2017, 12:40:41 AM
Have you tried using a different web browser to see if the issue still happens?

No. I thought about it, but haven't downloaded other browsers on this new computer. I'll give it a try.

Mayhem

Before you do, have you tried both Internet Explorer and the Edge browser?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on December 29, 2017, 08:50:18 AM
Before you do, have you tried both Internet Explorer and the Edge browser?

Just chrome. It also happened in here when I was posting something else. It's when I click and drag something, either intentionally or accidentally, but not every time. It happens infrequently, but when it does it's at bad times.

gigi

my computer knowledge is from nil to none, but.......................... isn't there an option in your settings to turn off automatic window resizing?  I'm sure you already thought of that, but sometimes it's the obvious I usually over look................. good luck.  Also if you are looking to expand on browsers, I mainly use Chrome, but to get some of the autos to work I will switch to Torch

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gigi on December 30, 2017, 08:35:14 AM
my computer knowledge is from nil to none, but.......................... isn't there an option in your settings to turn off automatic window resizing?  I'm sure you already thought of that, but sometimes it's the obvious I usually over look................. good luck.  Also if you are looking to expand on browsers, I mainly use Chrome, but to get some of the autos to work I will switch to Torch

Thanks, gigi. I did think of that, but I am unable to find anything about it. It's so frustrating.

Stinkerbell

So I posted the question on the Microsoft Forum and this was the answer:

Andre Da Costa has replied to your question Inadvertent Resizing of Browser When Using the Scroll Bar in Microsoft Community.

Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Display adapters
Right click the current display adapter
Click Uninstall
Exit Device Manager
Restart

That sounds troubling. Won't removing a display adapter cause additional problems?

Stinkerbell

I replied and asked for clarification and if it would cause a problem with something else by uninstalling it:

Uninstall the Intel UHD graphics, it will install the Microsoft Basic Display adapter, so Windows will still work after rebooting. You can then use the Intel Driver assistant to help you update to the latest driver:

Intel:registered: Driver and Support Assistant
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support...

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 12, 2018, 06:01:52 PM
So I posted the question on the Microsoft Forum and this was the answer:

Andre Da Costa has replied to your question Inadvertent Resizing of Browser When Using the Scroll Bar in Microsoft Community.

Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Display adapters
Right click the current display adapter
Click Uninstall
Exit Device Manager
Restart

That sounds troubling. Won't removing a display adapter cause additional problems?

If you do that, it will revert you to the windows default display adapter drivers.

That's not necessarily bad, as these steps are performed any time you upgrade your graphics card driver (they believe your having a graphics card driver issue). You can always try that and see if it solves your issues, but I wouldn't do anything yet - as the Intel Driver Assistant is down for maintenance.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/idsa-faq.html

Stinkerbell

Thank you, Ken! It would have been nice had he been clearer in the first place.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview