This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Amazing Race

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

This evening was the start of Amazing Race. Our Jess and Cody were on from Big Brother.
I will not say how they did until I have more postings. I don't want to spoil anything.
There are 2 Indy Car drivers this year also.
Plus others that I will learn who is who as time goes by.
I am surprised at how much I did like the show this year....so far.
So, in case anyone else likes it too, I thought to start this here.
The end of this race was FANTASTIC and very close.
One thing I do know for sure about myself and that show is....
I would never make it to the end.  giggle2.gif

Squid

I've never watched this show and probably won't start now.  I will check in periodically, Cat, to see your thoughts on Jess and Cody.  I get the horrors when I think of those two.  Blechhh

gran2x2

Did my heart good to see BB couple get lost....Jess was mad they didn't get first...lol...I love this show...Indy drivers and olympic  competitors..NBA legends...such a diverse group this time...

mycatownsme

I agree with you Gran about the diversity of people playing this season.
My Hubby is a big race fan and the Indy 500 among other races are a must see if at all possible in person, every single year. As we have gotten older, he will settle to watch it on television but it is nothing like being there in person and feeling the rumble of the engines and the sound that comes from those motors as those cars go by. We are always on our feet at the start with goose bumps and excitement galore. So he was even interested to watch Amazing Race to see how the 2 drivers/winners of the Indy 500 do this season. He doesn't care for Big Brother much at all. And there were others he was surprised to see on AR last night which makes it even better for the 2 of us to watch and compare our feelings.

Had to laugh when Jess kept throwing out the negative comments towards Big Brother. And then have Cody give his reply. One example that comes to mind was when Jess mentioned the players on AR were a lot smarter then BB. And Cody shot back...And we lost! roflol  hysterical.gif
I was surprised to see that they did finish as well as they did and it seemed to be a close finish for them.

I also enjoyed watching the end and how close that was too.

I understand your feelings Squid especially thinking back on the 2 of them on BB. And I still don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I see Jess especially. But, seeing them outside of the BB setting and on AR was a real different thing. If you get bored and can't find something to watch some Wednesday night....flip on AR and give it a try. You may not be a J&C supporter but as Gran pointed out, there are many other groups on the show and you may like one of these. But if not, I respect that and will miss your posts.
And with this type of show that has so many different groups of people playing, we may get others who will start to post their feelings on how the show was in their view to highlight something others had not seen etc.
Everyone is most welcome so please feel free to join in anytime.  popcorn2.gif bbq21.gif 

gran2x2

Squid...lol...I watch and pray that them 2 BB morons crash ad burn....makes me smile when I watch them screw up...They ruined BB for me so I deserve payback...I really expect these 2 to split soon now that Race is over...Jess will get tired of the boredom of being Cody's house wife...She is to use to being a party girl..

Squid

I think you're right, Gran!  I think they are both weirdos.  She is so entitled and he is super manic.  Those eyes of his when someone disagrees with him are like Bela Lugosi's.  I can't believe he is raising a child, the poor thing.

mycatownsme

Bela Lugosi eyes!  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
Now that you say that....it is right on!  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Squid

mycatownsme

I did not get to watch the show this week.
Also forgot to set it to record. I'm guessing I'm not that interested in this show after all???
I only saw the first one so it could be that I have some extra things going on at home.
I will need to see if I can catch it this coming week.

Squid

If you have cable (or other service?) you might be able to watch this past week's episode for free with the ON-DEMAND service.

gran2x2

Wasn't nothing much to miss..the goat yoga ladies went home...BB trash couple got 2500 each for first place finish...

mycatownsme

Thank you for this info Gran.  tumbsup.gif
That's a good idea too Squid. We do have that Demand but have not connected television to the internet and so not able to access.
Internet is from one company and television is from another.
We don't want to go past our plan of use and have the internet charge go up as a result.
Thank you in case this would be an option.  tumbsup.gif
I guess I would be more interested if they (C&J) were not involved.
I didn't realize how much I don't care about seeing them.
It sounds like they did great with a first place finish and the cash.
I wonder if they will be able to keep the wins going?

I did find some news about Big Brother.  dancing16.gif

Big Brother is building a roof/canopy structure over the backyard.
It did not say a certain reason why but I have a hunch that it may be due to the weather prediction for Feb. Rain, rain and more rain.
And/or...If they get lots of helicopters flying over head from TMZ etc. to snag pictures of celebrities or comps or both, this canopy could prevent that also.
I am not sure but I think BB had a canopy in the past.
If I remember right, it would open and close.

gran2x2

Seems like a big waste of money for a 2 week series....not excited at all for a bunch of wannabe people trying to be relevant...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview