PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 05:15:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Upcoming Changes to Pogo Sign-In Experience

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo will be transitioning to a new sign-in experience across all EA games, sites and services over the next few months.

This is what they had to say about it :

Over the coming months, Pogo will be transitioning to a new sign-in experience shared across all EA games, sites and services. These upgrades will improve the safety and security of your Pogo account(s), and make it easier to access other EA services.

What this means for you:
- Your Pogo account will become an EA Network account, and will work across all EA sites, including the Origin Store.
- Your Pogo screen name will become an EA Public ID. Some users may have to change or choose a new EA Public ID if there are any existing name conflicts.

Most of you will see only minor changes to your overall Pogo experience, but there will be a few steps to go through to get your account(s) ready.

March:
Signing in with Facebook Connect will no longer be an option. If you use this feature, we will update you on how to change to an EA Network account once we get closer.

June - August:
The new sign-in experience will guide you through the account transition and get you up and running. After that, you will sign in using the email address associated with your EA account to log in to Pogo.com.

If you have multiple Pogo accounts tied to a single email address, you will be required to update our system with a unique email address for each existing Pogo account. We will provide helpful instructions on how to do this in the coming months. As part of the security upgrades, you will need to provide a new password and set up a security question.

The changes should be completed by the end of August. Once everything is all done, signing in will be just as quick and easy as before!

To make this as smooth as possible for you, we will be providing updated news and help every step of the way. We're also going to be addressing the most common questions and concerns.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

catfancie

Squid

Mayhem

I can see this causing all sorts of issues ... time will tell though!

gigi

Wish they would fix all the game issues before introduction something I see as an upcoming nightmare.  But................ that's just me

Mayhem

I think it's going to take them quite sometime to convert the games over. That's why they are moving ahead with this sooner than later.

Mayhem

Here is some more information Pogo has released on the upcoming sign-in experience.

Service Reminder: Pogo Sign-In Experience Is Changing

The Pogo sign-in experience is transitioning to the EA Network starting in June. This will mean added security and slight changes to how you sign in to Pogo.

What changes are coming?

- Pogo will become part of the EA Network. Your Pogo account will become an EA Network account and work across Pogo and all EA websites, games and services.
- This transition will be ongoing from June until October and will impact different groups of players at different times. Club Pogo Members are scheduled to transition to the new system starting in September.
- The new sign-in experience will ask for your email address and Pogo password, as opposed to your screen name and password. Your email address will not be visible to other Pogo players.
- For an added layer of protection, you may be prompted to provide a security question and answer after signing in. This will be used for purposes of account recovery.
- Based on feedback, there will be no screen name changes required for any Pogo accounts. For those of you interested in changing your screen names, that option will be added later in the year.
- Each Pogo/EA Network account must be associated with a unique email address. If you have multiple Pogo accounts tied to the same email address, you will need to provide a different address for each account.

What do I need to do?

- When the transition begins, please pay attention to the questions asked when you sign-in. As mentioned, you may be asked to provide your email and password instead of your Pogo screen name and password.
- Updating your account will be handled via signing in to Pogo. If you are unable to visit Pogo during the May-August transition, you can still sign in any time after August to update your account.

Squid

Mayhem

Since they have delayed it (twice now?), I think everything will go smoothly for them. They've had plenty of time to test the new system.

gigi

Mayhem

Here is even more information regarding the sign-in experience :

Hello Pogo Community,

We noticed a line from the recent "Service Reminder: Pogo Sign-In Experience is Changing"  article caused some confusion.

One of my informational points may have given the impression that Pogo.com would be inaccessible for a period of time. I wanted to clarify what was meant with this line:

Updating your account will be handled via signing in to Pogo. If you are unable to visit Pogo during the May-August transition, you can still sign in any time after August to update your account.

What this means for you is if you're on vacation, or unable to visit Pogo.com during this transition period, you'll still be able to sign in once you come back. It does not mean that you won't be able to sign in during this time period. Pogo will not have any downtime during this transition, you'll always be able to sign in and play regardless of what group you are scheduled to transition in. Also, I'd like to point out that the dates we published have changed. It's actually scheduled for June-October.

I saw a few other questions pop up from this forum thread and wanted to take a moment to answer some of those, as well.

Q. Are we to understand from this that we may not be able to sign in to Pogo from June to October?
A. You will be able to sign in as normal. There will not be any Pogo outages.

Q. Why does my email address have to be posted? I like my privacy.
A. Your email address will not be displayed for others. Other Pogo players will only see your screen name, and you will only see their screen names. The only time you will supply your email is to sign in to Pogo.

Q. After the transition, you state that an email account and password will be required to sign in. For clarity purposes, do you mean our Pogo account password? I would not be comfortable providing my email account password.
A. Yes, this means your Pogo account password.

Q. I do not want to give my email password to anyone. Does this mean I can no longer play Pogo which I have paid for?
A. Pogo and EA will never ask you for your email password. The password you will have to provide will be your Pogo sign-in password. Again, you will NOT be asked to provide us with your email password. For safety's sake, you should always use different passwords for different sites.

Q. Can you please explain why this change is necessary?
A. This is part of a major upgrade that will improve account security. Please read the original article, "Service Update: Upcoming Changes to Pogo Sign-In Experience" for more information.

Q. Can I combine two (or more) of my accounts together?
A. No, we cannot combine accounts.

MsMissy

gigi

TYVM
I just hope this doesn't turn from a "change" to a "challenge".  Has anything ever gone smoothly for Pogo?

snowflower

6_6.gif We're all going to hell in a handbasket!  Hold my hand, please?!!  panic button.gif

gigi

Quote from: snowflower on April 28, 2018, 10:19:04 AM
6_6.gif We're all going to hell in a handbasket!  Hold my hand, please?!!  panic button.gif

Got'cha!!!!!!!!!!

Squid