This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jackpot Spinner Update in HTML5 Games

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo is replacing the jackpot spinner with something new in HTML5 games.

They are saying that cheating has become a big problem that needs to be fixed with this feature.

QuoteUpdate: The Jackpot Spinner

Hello Pogo Community,

Many of you have had questions about the Jackpot Spinner – thank you for caring enough to ask! We know the Pogo Community has fond memories of spinning and winning ... it's important to us that you win, too.

For that reason, we're replacing the Jackpot Spinner in the H5 games with something new, in the future. Why? Because, to be honest, cheating has become a big problem that needs to be fixed with this feature. And while we're at it, we'll keep focusing on new games, updating the classics, and building a newer, better Pogo experience, as well.

We want to make sure you know that when we make a decision like this, it's always because our #1 focus is to make the Pogo experience better, for everyone.

It must be a pretty big issue for Pogo to be addressing it. This is the first time in 15 years we've been around that i've ever heard cheating the jackpot spinner was even possible.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

Thank you for the update. When playing the World Class Solitaire people were complaining that they got no tokens. To me it really does not matter but others it does.

Squid

I had no idea that jackpot spinning could be cheated.  I wouldn't go to the trouble, to be honest, just for tokens.  Now if the cheating of the spinner involved getting those free gems, that's a different story. 

Mayhem

Yeah, it probably had something to do with gems. Tokens are basically useless and all jackpot winners are audited.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.