This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Forum problem

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

Is anyone else having a problem with your text posts freezing when you type a reply?

Mayhem

I'm not seeing that issue here.

What web browser are you using? Have you tried rebooting?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Yes, I was having problems with that and also on the pogo site.  I was suddenly freezing and then would move forward.  I think the cosmic internet was experiencing a little gas... I don't think it was any particular site.

gigi

YES.  earlier today I would type and nothing showed up ...... closed out thinking I hit a wrong key and froze.  came back and the same thing, so I stared it down and finally the typing appeared................. it took about 15 seconds or so.  Seems to be working fine now and I didn't change anything, using Chrome
The only place I noticed it was on this site

Mayhem

I can't say I've seen that issue before. When you're typing in the box, it doesn't use any internet (until you click on the "Post" button) so it had to be something running on your machine eating up enough CPU resources to create lag issues.

It's interesting that you & Squid both had that issue though. Please let me know if it happens again.

catfancie

I also had some minor problems while trying to post today and also a few minutes ago.  It's most annoying.   I was using the Chrome browser.  Hoping it works itself out soon.  Didn't have a problem on another web site. 

gigi

I don't think it's my computer, it's happening right now.   15 seconds for typing to appear in this box.  I run IObit advanced system care every night

gigi

I'm testing this on my iPad and everything types just fine, so I have no idea why this is happening on my computer

gran2x2

It only happens here for me....still doing it today..I ran all my spyware etc programs and didn't help.

gigi

Mayhem

I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

I haven't updated anything on the forum recently, so it's weird that some of you are having this issue.

gigi

I don't have a problem posting on any other site.  BUT................. no haters please.............. my AOL is also down and there is a map showing all the areas that are being affected.  So I'm guessing I should put on my army helmet and head for my shelter.

gigi

and I'm not having this issue right now, it seems to be working fine.  But I'll let you know if it happens again....... hard to fix something if it's working, right?

Mayhem

Quote from: gigi on March 02, 2018, 09:46:52 AM
and I'm not having this issue right now, it seems to be working fine.  But I'll let you know if it happens again....... hard to fix something if it's working, right?

Thanks for letting me know!

I was able to see an issue in Internet Explorer 11 - for every letter typed, it was throwing a error. I managed to fix this myself, so hopefully this fixes your issue as well. Please let me know if anything changes.

gigi

It's doing it again..... longer lag this time
20 seconds for this post to load my typing

Mayhem

The next time your waiting for the lag, press [CTRL] + [ALT] + [DEL] and click on the "performance" tab and let me know what your CPU and Memory % is at.

gigi

ok, but right now it's fine "again" and I haven't done anything except post here.................. and wash my hair hahahaha
this is what it says now 3.0/7.9 GB (38%).  So at least we will have something to compare it to if it happens again.

gran2x2

This post is a test...warning .... beer11.gif  working perfect for me today.....

Mayhem

Quote from: gran2x2 on March 03, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
This post is a test...warning .... beer11.gif  working perfect for me today.....

Thanks for letting me know!  tumbsup.gif

Squid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview