This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

player getting into private hearts game

Started by joemomma,

Previous topic - Next topic

joemomma

was playing hearts at pogo, with players not allowed to replace computers, and a player came in. how did he do that, I hear about backdoors, but they don't seem to work anymore. what gives?

Mayhem

I've not heard of that happening before. Maybe someone else here has some insight on it.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

With Hearts, you are at a table.  Did you password protect the table?   I would definitely try that.  Still... I understand your point that if you uncheck the players replacing bots after play begins, no one should be able to join the table.  Someone may know of a glitch... or maybe it's a Pogo employee?  I'm groping for an explanation, I suppose....

JimBob

This exact thing happened to me a few days ago. Playing Hearts!

Squid

I'm in Hearts on an occasional basis and have never had this happen.   I wonder what it is...

gigi

I play when it's a challenge and have never had that problem.  I always go to Play People and make sure my options are unchecked for playing people and set the game for password .  If I select Play Robots I don't like how they have preset options.  HOWEVER, I just checked and it won't even let me play................ some java thing which I havent run across in a year or more.  I suppose I'll look into it if it ever becomes a challenge.

one other thing, if you are playing a RATED game you have to play with people.  Hope this helps

C~M

There are programs out there that you rent for lots of $$ that allow you to do this. There are even room booter programs to boot players from rooms or tables.

AustinBennett

I brought it to Pogo's attention the problem of people using boot-codes to boot members and never get a response. Instead, like other issues Pogo can't understand, my post were removed. Also their annoying pop-ups and mail-ads that they refuse to address.
Think about how many companies there are who's paying members don't have access to their financial records. Don't ask about the Pogo division of EA Sports, you won't even get a response.

Mayhem

Quote from: C~M on March 25, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
There are programs out there that you rent for lots of $$ that allow you to do this. There are even room booter programs to boot players from rooms or tables.

What benefit is there to boot people from rooms or tables anyways?

C~M

That's how some people get their kicks, just like those that would go into a sharing room in EWB and purposely get blackouts and tell everyone they did.

Mayhem

Wow .. people really need to find better things to do with their time.

Ethan

Pogo has to be aware of this, right?  Shouldn't they be able to put a stop to this?
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

Mayhem

Quote from: Ethan on March 27, 2018, 12:53:16 AM
Shouldn't they be able to put a stop to this?

It would depend on how they were doing it. If they are doing what I think they are doing, it might take drastic measures for it to stop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview