PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 12:49:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Pâté

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

or as others call it "meatloaf"  My daughter says why do we always say "ugh" when you tell us you are making meatloaf, yet there are never any leftovers, we need to find a more appetizing name ............................. American Pâté

Squid

I love meatloaf!  I'm on a quest for the perfect recipe and keep trying!

gigi

I've tried sooooooo many and years ago found the perfect one for us with the Quaker oatmeal.  We don't like a dense loaf and this makes it perfect.  If there are any leftovers it will still slice up for sandwiches.  And I add everything, onion, green pepper, garlic, celery............ also make it with half beef, half pork........... the smell is wafting up here, so I think it's time to eat.............. so hungry............... yes, we eat early............... start early end late hahahahahaha.

Squid

gigi

NGREDIENTS
1.   1 lb each ground beef and ground pork
2.   1/2 cup Quick Quaker Oats
3.   1 small finely chopped onion
4.   1/2 cup ketchup 1/2 cup water
5.   1 egg
6.   1 stalk chopped celery
7.   2 cloves garlic, minced
8.   1/2 chopped green pepper
8.   salt and pepper to taste

I've baked in every conceivable kind of pan, bunt, bread, ceramic and it doesn't make a difference, still needs 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook if you don't want your veggies to be crunchy.
(of course you could always saute your veggies first to give them a head start, then 1 1/2 hours would work fine.
350 oven, let stand 15 minutes

let me know if you get around to trying this.  If you like a softer meatloaf, this will do it and there are juices and surprisingly little fat even though there is ground pork

Oh, and I don't always have green pepper, so if you're missing celery and green pepper you won't notice LOL
(that much)

Squid

Thanks!  I will definitely try it.  It is very similar to other recipes I have except this one has green pepper and oats.  Thanks a bunch!

gigi

you are very welcome, I think it's the oats that keep it from being to dense like with breadcrumbs

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview