Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

MS Edge + flash = problem

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I tried to load Payday Freecell on Edge today and got the following message:

Microsoft Edge build 15002+ requires Flash Player enabled to run Pogo games. Read more.

"Read more"  led to:   https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2016/12/14/edge-flash-click-run/#WS2Sk0S65ZMCyRtw.97

All my settings are correct.  Flash is enabled and ready to go.  When I test if flash is there and ready, I get the message that flash is disabled.  Not true.

Flash is up to date and is fine on IE. 

Any words of advice?  Some autos cannot be used on some browsers, etc.  You know the drill...

mycatownsme

I wish I knew more about this computer stuff and could help out.

Hope you find out what to do soon.

Mayhem

You tried all the usual stuff like rebooting the computer and whatnot?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Did it all.  Keeps telling me that flash is not enabled.  All settings say it is enabled.  Only happening in Edge

Mayhem

You checked the settings in Edge itself? It's hidden in there.

Click on the 3 ... dots on the top-right corner of the Edge browser.

Scroll down and click on "Settings" > "Advanced Settings" and see if "Use Adobe Flash Player" is switched on.

gigi

Squid, I got that with Hearts!!!.  However I was able to play Freecell with no problems...................... so who is to blame????  Still think it's Pogo

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 28, 2018, 05:40:05 PM
You checked the settings in Edge itself? It's hidden in there.

Click on the 3 ... dots on the top-right corner of the Edge browser.

Scroll down and click on "Settings" > "Advanced Settings" and see if "Use Adobe Flash Player" is switched on.

I certainly did that.  I checked with MS and general google stuff before I posted here, trying to exhaust possibilities before bothering you nice people.  I toggled it OFF and back ON again, then rebooted, when I didn't reboot, I X'd out the browser, brought up new browser, etc., etc.  It is all enabled but when tested says it is disabled and won't load the game without flash.  I have not tried this on my other computer with Edge but will play with it later today.  Thanks, Mayhem.  This one has me confused. 

Quote from: gigi on March 28, 2018, 08:37:34 PM
Squid, I got that with Hearts!!!.  However I was able to play Freecell with no problems...................... so who is to blame????  Still think it's Pogo
So glad you got yours Gigi.  I'm a mess this week.  I can't get Rainy Day to play for long either - it keeps getting disconnected from the server.  UGH

Mayhem

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 30, 2018, 12:42:25 AM
Check out the last 2 options on this page and see if that works for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html
Thank you so much, Mayhem.  I had found that page and tried every single option.  There was never a puzzle piece icon that I could click on.  Every single thing I could find has not worked and my computer says everything is enabled.  When I test it and when I try to use flash in a game (in Edge), it says it is not enabled.  Very frustrating.  Thanks so much for the time you put in to find those instructions!

gigi

Honestly I'm not sure if it's you (us).  Like I said, I get the same thing, have checked all the boxes, dotted all the eyes and nada.  But I have it in different games than you. I use chrome mostly, so I don't think it's a browser issue, although I DO have to change browsers for certain games, that puzzels me to no end
I quit trying to figure it out also pray the next time I need to get into the game it will be back to normal.

Do you need help with something?

UPDATE
so I tried to figure out why Hearts wouldn't play and "it" said chrome not supported I needed to update Explorer so I tried to open Hearts with IE and got in just fine, I DID not upgrade to EDGE.  I don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm not going to use EDGE until all other options are used up.  AND, I don't know if you can go back to IE once you've upgraded to EDGE.  ok so now I'm rambling....................... that's what I do.................... and I do it damn well....................... xo

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on March 30, 2018, 04:42:51 AM
Thank you so much, Mayhem.  I had found that page and tried every single option.  There was never a puzzle piece icon that I could click on.  Every single thing I could find has not worked and my computer says everything is enabled.  When I test it and when I try to use flash in a game (in Edge), it says it is not enabled.  Very frustrating.  Thanks so much for the time you put in to find those instructions!

It's really weird you're having this issue. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview