PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 11:10:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sound Issues in Chrome

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo is aware of the sound issues with some HTML 5 games when using the latest version of Chrome.

They are working on a fix for this situation. Until a permanent fix can be made, they suggest to use this workaround :

Step 1: Type: Chrome://flags in the address bar and hit Enter

Step 2: Type: Autoplay Policy in the search box and hit Enter

Step 3: Go to the drop down menu to the right and change default to "No user gesture is required"

Step 4: Go to the bottom right of the screen and click RELAUNCH NOW

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Thank you!   I must not have the latest, greatest Chrome because I've not detected an audio issue.  Good luck, peeps.

gigi

Mayhem

Pogo has posted more information on this problem.

This issue here is that Google updated their browser to include a feature where it auto-shuts off sound. Google has announced this is a browser issue and will be working to fix it in an upcoming release.

With that said, Chrome version 67.0.3396.62 was released hours after that statement was made. I'm not sure if this latest update included the sound fix, but if you were having issues, you may want to see if it's now working correctly for you.

gigi

Mine is sporadic.  One game will have sound, next game won't.  Then it comes back when I play later.  No rhyme or reason, I'll live with it.  I hate having to mess around with settings

Mayhem

Quote from: gigi on May 31, 2018, 09:40:28 AM
Mine is sporadic.  One game will have sound, next game won't.  Then it comes back when I play later.  No rhyme or reason, I'll live with it.  I hate having to mess around with settings

You shouldn't have to mess with any settings. Just make sure your Chrome is up to date and the problem will auto-fix itself.

To see if your Chrome browser is up to date, enter the following in your URL bar : chrome://settings/help

gigi

Well that was easy, it just started updating on it's own.  Go figure.............. I would have not!  Thanks for that link Mayhem.

Mayhem

You're welcome!  tumbsup.gif

Just add that URL to your favorites and check once a week or so and you'll be good to go.

LittleFawn

Thank you for that link. Mine was out of date. Have the correct version now.

gigi

Quote from: Mayhem on May 31, 2018, 11:37:18 AM
You're welcome!  tumbsup.gif

Just add that URL to your favorites and check once a week or so and you'll be good to go.

Great suggestion, ty again

Mayhem

You bet! Let me know if this fixes the sound issues for you.

gigi

so far so good, but I've only played the free challenge gifts ...................

Mayhem

I've been digging through the Chrome changelog and a lot of sound fixes were included. I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed already.