This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

This Seat Belt Keeps Your Dog Safe During Car Rides

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I'm not a dog owner, but this doesn't look comfortable at all. Would anyone here use it?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gigi

Used to have dogs, but NO I wouldn't use this.  Some ppl take their dogs everywhere, I use a carrier and only took them to the vet and groomer

Squid

I have two dogs and I take them places.  We visit friends, family and go away for weekends.  I would not use this product.  My dogs would not be that relaxed while securing them.  What I use is a safety harness on the dogs which clicks into the safety belt latch.  They can move a bit in the back seat but cannot come up to the front.   The harness prevents ejection in the case of accidents but they would not be firmly held against the seat.  Sometimes they travel in their crate.  It's the best I can do.

gigi

Now that you mention it, my sister has one of those.  Good idea if I ever get a dog

gran2x2

I have a great dane rescue and she would never stand for this....Besides..it gets so hot here I don't take her or the little diva mutt to many places....What dog would want to sit up like that..looks uncomfortable to me.

gigi

Quote from: gran2x2 on May 15, 2018, 09:37:22 AM
I have a great dane rescue and she would never stand for this....Besides..it gets so hot here I don't take her or the little diva mutt to many places....What dog would want to sit up like that..looks uncomfortable to me.
hahahahaha Great Dane?  you'd need a sun roof or convertible for sure.  Definitely not a normal position for a pooch

mycatownsme

Ni, I would not use this for any size dog. It looks like torture to me. Sorry, but I would leave dog at home first rather then use this.
It looks like someone came up with their own idea of how to use the seat belt and not even made to use for a dog.  bad mood.gif nono.gif

Ethan

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? 

That clip probably took 200 takes with mildly sedated dogs.  There's no way in hell an average pooch is going to be that calm being harnessed in like that heh.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Mayhem

Quote from: Ethan on May 16, 2018, 12:29:04 AM
That clip probably took 200 takes with mildly sedated dogs.  There's no way in hell an average pooch is going to be that calm being harnessed in like that heh.

Now that you mention it ... that would explain why the dogs are so relaxed.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

If I'm going to sedate my dogs for travel, I'll just stuff them in the glove compartment.  J/K

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview