This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Sign-In Page Is Changing

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo is moving to the unified EA Network sign-in system for improved security and functionality.

Beginning mid-to-late July, the sign-in page will switch to this:

You should continue signing in as usual, using your Pogo screen name and password. Soon after, they will be migrating accounts to the new EA Network system.

You will know it's your turn to update when you see this screen:

This screen will appear during the normal sign-in process. After hitting "continue", you will be prompted to set up a new password and security question. Once your account is updated, you will then be asked to sign in using your email address and Pogo password.

Source : http://blog.pogo.com/the-pogo-sign-in-page-is-changing/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Ok, I don't want to appear dense but the image for the new sign in says "Email or Pogo Screen Name".  Is using the Pogo Screen Name an option for that first sign in, after which you will have to use your email as the "ID" - or - will using your PSN  remain an option?  I think I know the answer to this but thought I would ask for clarification.

Thank you.

Squiddius Densicus

Mayhem

It's my understanding that you will have the option to sign in either way (PSN or email address) on the new login system - until your account is upgraded.

Once your account is updated, you will then need to sign in using your email address.

LittleFawn

This definitely looks like other EA sign ins. I play EA games other then Pogo and this is how you have to sign in. They went to this format with there other games awhile ago.

Mayhem

Yeah, they want to have the login match with everything else of theirs.

Squid

catfancie

I don't mind the change with the exception of having to change a couple of email addresses.  That was a pain in the butt.  Now the hard part will be to remember which name goes with which address.  Guess it's time to make a new list with the name, password, email addresses. 

mycatownsme

So true. I have had to get help due to forgetting my pw. I hope this will not be a challenge.

At least I do have every single pw written down just in case.  giggle2.gif

LittleFawn

Last night I signed in using the new format of signing in. The transition has started. Had no issues signing in.

Mayhem

I got the new format this afternoon. I still had to use my screen name to sign in (not email address).

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on August 30, 2018, 01:56:17 PM
I got the new format this afternoon. I still had to use my screen name to sign in (not email address).

That happened to me yesterday. Username, not email

Squid

Me, too... username only at this point.  It kept erasing my password as I typed it.  It finally accepted it but it wasn't easy.

LittleFawn

I had email address or screen name. I just used screen name.

Stinkerbell

As part of this new experience, I had to update my password this morning and got the message that from here-on out, I will need to use my email address to sign in.

Mayhem

Still nothing here ... I even tried to log out / back in and nothing got triggered.

LittleFawn

I think they are only doing a certain amount of accounts to change at a given time. I have not had to change anything yet from the last time.

Darling SilverDodger

Used my email address to sign in to my pogo account today
No problems
dancing16.gif
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Stinkerbell

Squid

Had to convert to EA sign in this morning.

Mayhem