This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Netflix, Amazon Prime & Other Subscription Services

Started by Ethan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan

I'm paying for Pogo, Netflix and the YouTube Red thing which I forgot what they changed their name too.  The first two I *need* - The last one I'm probably going to sub for things I like as they come out.  I mainly got to it watch Cobra Kai heh.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

mycatownsme

I also have Pogo and Netflix. I was going to stop Netflix because I did not watch it more then Mayhem. But then I was told I could have 2 users on one account and they do not have to reside in my home. So I added Son and he has wife and grandchild who use it a whole lot just for grandchild alone for same price as I paid for just my family. And we live in 2 different states.
In return my Son lets me use his Amazon Prime account when ever I want. I think I got a better deal then the Netflix thing but he said he wanted to do this for a pay back for Netflix. Of course I do have to pay for items purchased but it was a great deal to be able to use this a few days ago with the big sale.

Just in case this option would work for anyone else. I have not seen this advertise on the Netflix site and found out only because of word of mouth.

Sorry Ethan, I do not know what Cobra Kai is but I'm sure it is something you and a lot of others enjoy.

gigi

We also share Netflix and prime.  We don't need 5 family to pay for prime when i can use one and just order off my credit card

Mayhem

What great about Prime anyways? I get free shipping from Amazon if I choose the 5-8 day standard shipping method.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Prime never seemed to make sense for me.  I'm not big on shopping and I get free shipping like Mayhem (sometimes get free shipping if I buy a certain amount, too). 

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on July 22, 2018, 12:47:25 AM
What great about Prime anyways? I get free shipping from Amazon if I choose the 5-8 day standard shipping method.

Prime has free music movies books etc as well as free 2 day shipping.

gigi

What I like about Prime is not only next day delivery, but almost every time the item I am buying is less expensive ..... and not just by a small amount, usually 10.00 or more.  I always research price when shopping on line and I do 90% of my birthday and xmas shopping on line, but what's good for one isn't always good for someone else..... works for me and the best part is it's not my account hahahahaha so I don't even have the annual fee.

Squid

Quote from: gigi on July 22, 2018, 07:45:35 AM
What I like about Prime is not only next day delivery, but almost every time the item I am buying is less expensive ..... and not just by a small amount, usually 10.00 or more.  I always research price when shopping on line and I do 90% of my birthday and xmas shopping on line, but what's good for one isn't always good for someone else..... works for me and the best part is it's not my account hahahahaha so I don't even have the annual fee.
Yes, that sounds like perfection!  Ask your son if he wants a new auntie!

Stinkerbell

My family shares our Prime account. There are many times I need an item quickly and I always check Amazon first because if I can get it for $10 cheaper, plus not spending gas and time to go to the store, I'm all over that.  I used to think Prime was a waste, but not anymore.

In fact, when we first signed up it was for the Student Prime and was 1/2 the cost of the full Prime. When that ran out - I think it's only available for 3 years) I canceled the subscription.  A few months later I realized how much use I had gotten out of Prime so I signed up at full price and don't regret it.

For example - I REALLY like HINT water. The cheapest I can find it in the stores is $1.00 per bottle.  I recently looked on Amazon and found that some flavors not available in stores were $11.00 for a 12 pack and free shipping with Prime. Cha-ching!

Mayhem

These posts were split from the Club Pogo Birthday thread - since we were really getting off topic.

MsMissy

I have Netflix also, but my Son pays for it as you can have 4 accounts or people on it, which he has. But has nothing to do with Pogo, as im paid up for 4 more years.

Stinkerbell

Mayhem

Quote from: mycatownsme on July 21, 2018, 08:17:22 PM
Sorry Ethan, I do not know what Cobra Kai is but I'm sure it is something you and a lot of others enjoy.

Cobra Kai is a YouTube television series that is a continuation of the original Karate Kid (1984) movie franchise. They've brought the original actors back and season 1 was surprising good. In fact, it did so well that they are filming season 2 right now. This is the official write up of it :

Thirty four years after events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, a down-and-out Johnny Lawrence seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso.

You can watch the first 2 episodes of season 1 for free here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rB36UGoP4Y

Squid

I can't keep up with all the possible tv viewing choices out there now.  I can't stand to be sitting in front of that box for too long.

Mayhem

I'm the same way. I'll usually split a movie over a couple of nights.

mycatownsme

Thank you Mayhem for the very interesting information. I will click the link tomorrow to check it out.

S1lent

Greetings,
My new cableone bill is up to $263 per month.  That includes high speed internet 150MB and 600GB of data, two DVRs, HBO/Showtime and a bunch of other junk.
Netflix runs me about $11 a month.

Now POGO sounds like a good deal.

S1lent

mycatownsme

Thank you for posting info and the link.
I have not clicked on link and watched it yet but hope to do this soon.
You made it very easy to find it and add info and I appreciate it a lot.  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview