PlayBuddy
March 29, 2024, 02:43:43 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My autos don't work with Chrome...Fixed!!!

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings all you PogoCheats,
Here is the mistake I made.  I had my Font Size set to "Very Large"...once I reset to Medium (Recommended) all is good.  New glasses are on the way from Costco.
S1lent

C~M

S1lent

Greetings,
Darn girls18.gif girls18.gif. I have one computer that refuses to run autos.  It is hit and miss.  The computer is only 2 years old Dell i7 middle of the line but doesn't run nearly as well as my newer HP i5.  So when I went to Costco to get my new glasses...got another HP i5 computer ($500) and will set that up this weekend.
Guess the old expression still is true...LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.

Thanks all you PogoCheats,
Go Cowboys (we don't have a pro team in Idaho so we have to pick em)
S1lent

S1lent

Greetings,
WOW, new computer runs Great.   Not overloaded with "bloatware".  PlayBuddie's Tumble Bees auto really smokes thru the levels.  Impressive...YES.
Happy in Idaho
S1lent

catfancie

Mayhem

Quote from: s1lentscream on October 14, 2018, 04:50:03 PM
Greetings,
WOW, new computer runs Great.   Not overloaded with "bloatware".  PlayBuddie's Tumble Bees auto really smokes thru the levels.  Impressive...YES.
Happy in Idaho
S1lent

That's great to hear! A new computer sure makes a difference - but also just getting rid of stuff out of your startup can really help too.

If anyone is running Windows 10 and your computer system is feeling sluggish, just press [ctrl] + [alt] + [delete]  > Task Manager > Startup tab. That will show you a list of items that are loaded and running every time you boot up. If you don't need something to always be loaded, click on the item and then click the "disable" button.

Now if you're not sure what something is or if it can be safely disabled, feel free to take a screenshot and PM it to me and I'll have a look for you  tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

WTG, S1lent!  I love having a fast, new computer. 

Thanks, Mayhem, I'm going to check that out.  Two computers are starting to be sluggish and laggacious (it is TOO a word!) :D

mycatownsme

Way to go on getting the new computer.

Thank you Mayhem for this great information.

KrAzY

Quote from: Mayhem on October 15, 2018, 12:49:18 AM
That's great to hear! A new computer sure makes a difference - but also just getting rid of stuff out of your startup can really help too.

If anyone is running Windows 10 and your computer system is feeling sluggish, just press [ctrl] + [alt] + [delete]  > Task Manager > Startup tab. That will show you a list of items that are loaded and running every time you boot up. If you don't need something to always be loaded, click on the item and then click the "disable" button.

Now if you're not sure what something is or if it can be safely disabled, feel free to take a screenshot and PM it to me and I'll have a look for you  tumbsup.gif

I have found that in most cases a new pc isn't the answer sure processors are always changing but most of them especially intel are only "slightly" faster with each generation and pushed out every few months to make a killing same goes for the ram i have pc's from 06 with only quad cores that run circles around most pc's and still run at 4 Ghz without overclocking which is what most new cpu's still are running at they just keep adding more cores, In my experience as a IT and repair&builder is that in majority of cases the PC's brought to me only needed a HDD upgrade from a mechanical ( Old technology ) to a SSD and their computers run snappy as new infact probably 5x faster then when it was new lol A good SSD can really bring new life to a old pc and make it worth while for more years to come. I have saved many people alot of money from going out buying a new pc because bestbuy or others tell them they need a new pc when they don't all they needed was a inexpensive upgrade to a SSD.

Squid

Quote from: KrAzY on October 15, 2018, 12:41:10 PM
I have found that in most cases a new pc isn't the answer sure processors are always changing but most of them especially intel are only "slightly" faster with each generation and pushed out every few months to make a killing same goes for the ram i have pc's from 06 with only quad cores that run circles around most pc's and still run at 4 Ghz without overclocking which is what most new cpu's still are running at they just keep adding more cores, In my experience as a IT and repair&builder is that in majority of cases the PC's brought to me only needed a HDD upgrade from a mechanical ( Old technology ) to a SSD and their computers run snappy as new infact probably 5x faster then when it was new lol A good SSD can really bring new life to a old pc and make it worth while for more years to come. I have saved many people alot of money from going out buying a new pc because bestbuy or others tell them they need a new pc when they don't all they needed was a inexpensive upgrade to a SSD.
Krazy, my puters are running a bit slower.  When can you make a house call?   doctor.gif nurse.gif

S1lent

More good news all you PogoCheats,
After replacing my slow computer, I had some free time to do some troubleshooting.  I did upgrade this i7 dell computer with a matching monitor.  Still slow...but I didn't expect any improvements.  So off to look for updates for the new monitor...still no help.

But, for some reason I went looking for an update for the Video Card (Nvidia GTX745)...BINGO.

PlayBuddy apps and all my other cheats are working great.  My favorite/fastest browser is still Chrome.

Hope this can help others,
S1lent

Mayhem

Glad to hear you have things running great now!  tumbsup.gif

Since CPU's are so fast now, a new graphics card will give you the biggest performance boost in games.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

That is so true. I have a gaming computer and have never had any issues.

S1lent

Greetings,
My autos are running great.  However, I have to disable my video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX745) for them to work on Chrome.  So, off to Best Buy or Walmart to purchase a new video card for this two year old computer.
I do thank all you PogoCheats for the help on this "nagging" problem.

S1lent

Further trouble shooting...and hopefully an end.

Swapped video cards...same problem.
Swapped out New Dell monitor with HDMI output with an older Samsung monitor with DVI output.  Now everything is back to running great without having to disable the graphics card.

I will leave well enough alone.
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview