PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 03:51:22 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java and Internet Explorer 11

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Hello Pogo Community,

Java will be updating to Java 11 in the near future. The Pogo team has been alerted that Java 11 will no longer be supported by Internet Explorer 11. Should you wish to continue to want to play Java games on Pogo, please do not yet upgrade to Java 11.

As browsers continue to update to keep up with current technology, they will no longer be supporting Java or Flash - but never fear, this is why Pogo continues to be dedicated to updating games to HTML 5. We've recently released an HTML5 version of Word Whomp and Poppit!, and have many other updated games coming your way soon.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Wow.  Everyone's jumping ship.  I hope I remember not to update!

Mayhem

If anyone wants to turn off the Java auto-update option, you can do so by doing this :

1. Launch the Windows Start menu
2. Click on Programs (All Apps on Windows 10)
3. Find the Java program listing
4. Click on "Configure Java" to launch the Java Control Panel
5. Click on the "Update" tab and uncheck the "Check for Updates Automatically" option and click the "Apply" button

Squid

catfancie

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Unchecked!!!!!!!!

I really don't like the auto-updates.  In fact, in the drive thru at Starbucks this morning I went to pull up the app and found that my phone had updated overnight. I was in such a panic to get through the opening settings so as not to anger the people in line behind me waiting to order their morning cup of wake-up juice that I think I inadvertently chose Farsi as my preferred language.  That should make things interesting.

MsMissy

I recently tried to play a game which used  java & it wouldn't let me play . says I need to upgrade to windows 11 & yes I use Internet Explorer. So do I go too the start place & do what you have  posted in here to do. I wil ck back later to find out. Also can I still use Internet explorer??   Than k you  hi11.gif

mycatownsme

Great directions. Unchecked and this was a great relief!
Thank you Mayhem.  dancing16.gif

smokyrain

Thanks for the info.. Will not update