PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 08:25:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Just a reminder to set your clocks back an hour this morning!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

TYVM.  All done automatically in my house.  I only have to change the clock in the car.  Woke up at 4:30 and will have a little nap later.  Zzzz Zzzzzz

Mayhem

I have to manually set the kitchen radio, stove and microwave. The rest is done automatically.

What I don't get is why my computer clock never rolled back. I had to go into the time settings and turn off/on the "set time automatically" to fix it. The "adjust automatically for daylight savings time" option is enabled ...

Only this computer was affected though - the others automatically rolled back just fine.

catfancie

Waiting on my son to get here and take the clocks off the walls so that I can adjust the time and change the batteries.  At least the kitchen microwave is an easy fix, I can reach that on my own.
At least the computer did it automatically for me.  Not so lucky with the other clocks in the house.  Being short does not make it easy when we have to change the clocks twice a year.  But its a good time to remember to change the batteries in the clocks and other protective devices like smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. 

Mayhem

If you're using Windows 10, keep an eye on your computer clock.

My office computer adjusted for daylight savings properly this morning, but this afternoon auto adjusted forward one hour. There might be an issue with the time server Windows is programmed to use to set the clock.

Squid

So far, I'm doing well.  No weirdness happening.  And I forgot.... had to change the clocks on my stove and micro. 

smokyrain

I have to always change the alarm clock, microwave and coffee maker, and of course my watch lol

I just wish now where I live that we leave it from here on in. It's nice its daylight out when I go to work, but now the evening is darker so much earlier

Mayhem

Quote from: smokyrain on November 05, 2018, 06:11:58 PM
It's nice its daylight out when I go to work, but now the evening is darker so much earlier

Yeah, that part I don't like. It's dark here now at 5PM and it just seems like the day is over so quickly.

LittleFawn

Our days are really short here. Live in Washington State. Will never get used to it getting so dark so early.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview