PlayBuddy
March 28, 2024, 07:45:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Levels for Jet Set Solitaire (Nov 6)

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo has added (2) new cities, one ''extended stay'' city and 6 new badges in Jet Set Solitaire today.

Philadelphia and Tokyo have been added. Only players who have progressed far enough to unlock these cities can play the new levels.

https://www.pogo.com/games/jetset_h5
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

I only have 18/21 of the last level. I can't move forward. Been stuck for months, and the auto is useless.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 06, 2018, 02:14:03 PM
I only have 18/21 of the last level. I can't move forward. Been stuck for months, and the auto is useless.

Have you sent in a bug report about where it gets stuck at?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 07, 2018, 12:35:13 AM
Have you sent in a bug report about where it gets stuck at?

Months ago. I tried playing again yesterday and it does the same thing. Completely ignores cards that can be played. Prior to that the auto rocked.  And it's not something I can use as a help feature because I never know when the auto is going to miss a card.

Mayhem

I'll fire an email their way later today and see what's going on.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 07, 2018, 08:07:52 AM
I'll fire an email their way later today and see what's going on.

The auto rocks sometimes, but YOU rock ALL THE TIME!!!   embrace.gif

Mayhem

Stinkerbell as for your issue, what do you mean by by 'ignores card'? Do you mean the Buddy cannot see it and misses it (i.e. you have a J and there is a 10 and the Buddy does not detect the 10 and instead flips to a new card)

If so, they would like you to send in a bug report so they can incorporate that computer-specific variance into the code. This can be difficult, so try slowing the speed down so you have time to stop the Buddy before it moves on to another move/card.

They also mentioned that they are currently working on fixing a minor error.

Sometimes the cheat thinks a covered card can be selected when it can't. An update will be ready before the badge challenge next week.

They recommend using Edge, but Chrome should work also. Lower the speed to ensure the Buddy has time to see cards that are uncovered.

They've noticed a couple of Denver 2 levels that are literally not solvable playing manually or with the Buddy on it's own or as a helper (there's even a forum thread open about it on Pogo) unless a powerup is used at the very end.  This does not have to do with the way the Buddy is playing so much as the way the actual game has been rigged by Pogo.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 07, 2018, 12:54:35 PM
Stinkerbell as for your issue, what do you mean by by 'ignores card'? Do you mean the Buddy cannot see it and misses it (i.e. you have a J and there is a 10 and the Buddy does not detect the 10 and instead flips to a new card)

Exactly that.   When  I have time to sit and watch the buddy, I'll send in another screen shot/report, but as others have said they are experiencing the same thing.

Mayhem

Ok, and you have tried slowing the buddy down to see if that helped at all?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 08, 2018, 12:45:31 AM
Ok, and you have tried slowing the buddy down to see if that helped at all?

I had it going very slowly, actually.  Yesterday I decided to sit and watch so I could get screen shots. Instead, I played by hand and won 2 levels on my own.  Then for the last level/star I watched the auto, to get a screen shot - and it won.  Unbelievable.  But sooooooo glad that the older new levels are open. If I remember correctly they added 2 sets of new levels that I couldn't play.

S1lent

Greetings,
I have the identical problem.  Switching browsers now help.  I ended up playing manual and yes buying power-ups.  I use "The VIP Ticket" and "Removes all uncovered face up cards".  Both are kind of expensive so use them sparingly.
No other way around for me?

Good luck
S1lent

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 09, 2018, 12:38:22 AM
Did you try using the Edge browser and slow the speed down?

I don't have edge on my desktop but I tried IE and it was the same thing. But as I said, I was able to play 2 by hand and the auto won one yesterday so I unlocked the next set of levels,

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview