PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 01:02:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stan Lee Dead at Age 95

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Stan Lee, the man who co-created Marvel Comics, has died.

An ambulance rushed to Lee's Hollywood Hills home early Monday morning and he was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he died.

Stan started Marvel with Jack Kirby in 1961 with The Fantastic Four. He went on to create Spider-Man, Black Panther, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men, Iron Man and The Avengers.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

He had such a great vision for a better world, such a vivid imagination that he was able to bring to life.  I wasn't much of a comic book reader, but I LOVE the movies!

mycatownsme

He was super special.  Awesome Talent.  He will be missed. 

Mayhem

Yeah, I was never in to comics but really enjoyed the movies.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

This is such a wonderful story. Stan Lee gave us superheroes who were human, and we connected with that. In a way, he made US superheroes, too. In his characters he represented genders and cultures before it was politically correct to do so. It's not a stretch to call him a visionary.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/stan-lee-helped-shape-story-what-it-be-american-180970796/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview