This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Games Retiring in July

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

In addition to the games they are retiring in June, Pogo will be retiring the following Java and Flash games from their web site in July because of the phase-out of Flash and Java.

6th Street Omaha Poker
Ali Baba Slots
Backgammon
Battle Phlinx
Blackjack Carnival
Bridge
Crazy Cakes
Hangman Hiijinks
Jigsaw Treasure Hunter
Makeover Madness
Penguin Blocks
Perfect Pair Solitaire
Pop Fu
Quick Quack
Showbiz Slots
Stellar Sweeper
Super Dominoes
WordJong
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

I guess Pogo will be no more soon as most of what were the fun games will soon be gone.

S1lent

Greetings,
Make sure you have the Badges for these games.  Been working on another person's account and have lots of difficulty with both Jigsaws games.

Guess he will not get them
S1lent

TheLastDodo

You're absolutely kidding me... Penguin Blocks was my favorite game since forever. Very sad to see it leave soon, along with many other fun games.

Mayhem

Pogo did mention that they could be bringing back some of the retired games at a later time. Also, these game will be retired on June 18th (not July) along with the other mentioned in the other thread.

They also mentioned that :

You will be automatically awarded badges for any in-progress or purchased challenges you are unable to complete in time. We'll also be bringing some older badges back from the vault to give you one last chance to complete them.

catfancie

Squid

I can't help but feel that Pogo will be losing a very large amount of subscribers.  Even if they do start to trickle back some of the removed games, it will probably be too late.  With all the games being retired, Pogo will be left with match-3, HOG and variations on bingo games.   Except for CLUE, none of these type of games are my cup of tea.  I liked HOGs but got saturated.

Mayhem

Yeah, they are removing a lot of people's favorites and getting rid of too much variety.

catfancie

if I had know that they were going to discontinue all the games that they have listed both times, I wouldn't have renewed my subscription a couple of months ago.  If they continue to do away with all of these games without replacing them I will not be renewing.  There are to many other places to play games to keep myself occupied.

Mayhem

I don't blame you ... we can hope some of them will make it back after the rest are updated to HTML5.

MsMissy

Thank you , am sad to see a few go.  sad.gif

Mayhem

This is what Pogo has to say about all of this :

Java and Flash, two technologies that have powered Pogo games for many years, are being phased out across the internet. Support for Java has already been dropped from most web browsers, and Flash support will be discontinued by 2020. Pogo and EA have no control over this change in web technology.

Because of this, we are retiring the following older Java- and Flash-based games from Pogo in June.

We know some of you will be disappointed. Sadly, these games are currently inaccessible to most players and, given the technological hurdles required to play them, it's simply not feasible for us to continue supporting them.

If you can still play them, we encourage you to work on finishing up any Challenges or ranks while you can. You will be automatically awarded Badges for any in-progress or purchased Challenges you are unable to complete in time. We'll also be bringing some older Badges back from the vault to give you one last chance to complete them.

We're continuing to update our most popular games to HTML5, providing improved graphics, performance and accessibility across devices and browsers. We've already released over two dozen new and updated titles, with more in the works. The future of games on Pogo is very bright!

We know it's no fun to lose a favorite game, so we encourage you to explore the Pogo library. We have multiple games in each category – bingo, card, word, puzzle, etc. – offering similar gameplay.

Thank you for all your support and understanding.

Squid

Mayhem

The Pogo Insider stated this yesterday :

Please note that while these games are going away, there is always the possibility some will be updated and brought back later.

-------

So there is still hope!

plainshelli

I have searched every list of games that will be retired.....I know dominoes, jungle gin, spades, and canasta will be retired at some point, but I cannot when they will be retired. When will they be retired

Squid

Quote from: plainshelli on June 14, 2019, 12:51:34 AM
I have searched every list of games that will be retired.....I know dominoes, jungle gin, spades, and canasta will be retired at some point, but I cannot when they will be retired. When will they be retired
I'm not sure I've ever seen an exact date in June or July for the retirement of the games in those months.

Mayhem

I believe June's date may have been mentioned in one of the Pogo insiders news blog. I haven't seen anything for July.

Stinkerbell

Any word on Dominoes? I play that every day, by hand. It's fun and relaxing.

Mayhem

Not yet, but I'm sure that will be updated to the new HTML5 format.

Too many people play it for them just to remove it.

Dawn Hopper

I am not happy where is my qwerty game