Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 7 - End of Life

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

For those who are still using Windows 7 :

Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or any support for PC's running Windows 7 starting on January 14th, 2020
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

My desktop is Windows 7.  I love that OS.  The desktop is aging but showing no signs of slowing up!

Mayhem

My guest computer is the last of my machines that runs Windows 7.

Now that I'm forced to upgrade, I wish I would have done the free Windows 10 upgrade when it was available.

Squid

I was thinking the same thing about the free upgrade to 10.  I didn't want to risk it with this computer because it is so important for my work.  I didn't have much faith that nothing would go wrong in the upgrade.  Now I regret it.

S1lent

Greetings,
From the Microsoft web-site

All good things must come to an end, even Windows 7. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. But you can keep the good times rolling by moving to Windows 10.

S1lent

Mayhem

Windows 7 was a great OS, but I'll have to admit Windows 10 has yet to let me down. It's been rock solid for me. No complaints at all.

Also, the spring update will be released sometime this month which brings so many improvements!

https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-april-2019-update-release-date-news-and-features

Squid

I think that now that the stragglers have seen the light, Microsoft should offer the 10 OS for free again.  Yeah, that's it.

Mayhem

They should! We can always hope there is enough people still using Windows 7 at the deadline .. and maybe get a discount?

Squid

Mayhem

Squid

WOW!  The question is... are you going to do it, Mayhem?

Mayhem

Yes, I am going to give it a try (hopefully) next week.

MsMissy

I myself just loves windows 7, anytime over 10. will surely miss it though. My laptop still has 7 in it.  bad mood.gif

Mayhem

I won't be able to check if that free upgrade this week. I have company here, so hopefully next week I'll be able to give it a go.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview